Ercan to Gatwick via Antalya

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Ercan to Gatwick via Antalya

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

After reading some of the (horror) stories of flying in to the new Istanbul.Airport I looked at flying via Antalya. I know I would have to change airlines but just wondered if anyone had flown this route and their experiences, especially with regard to Special Assistance.

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Ercan to Gatwick via Antalya

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

I am surprised about the horror stories I have used a few time and couldn’t fault it!!

CairnO'mohr
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by CairnO'mohr »

Maisiemoo, I travelled Ercan - Antalya - Glasgow in February, and it was fine. However as you stated, you will have to reclaim your baggage and purchase a visa. If you don’t want to do that on-line, there is a small kiosk where they will accept sterling, euros or dollars for your visa. Antalya is a small airport and very easy to navigate around. No toilets in the departure lounge, so make use of the facilities before you go through! Sorry, can’t help with your enquiry re Special Assistance.

nermal
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by nermal »

Having travelled to London with THY 2 weeks ago I was very surprised after having read of bad experiences in the new airoort how smoothly transfering went .
Going from here no security after leaving plane straight into departure lounge a bit of a walk but mobile walkways .
On the return met on leaving aircraft by 2 people calling transit passengers had to show boarding card and were straight into departure lounge no long walk very near gate for Ercan .

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

Turkish airlines from Gatwick always used to go only via Sabia Gochmem airport in Istanbul, is this not still the case?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Not as far as I can see : -
Clipboard01.jpg
**Update It appears that Anadolu Jet, the budget side of TA, still use Sabiha Gokcen Airport**

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”