General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

fincho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Cut off by Kibtek.Any information

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by fincho »

Hi.I am at the moment in the UK and have been told by a friend that my electricity isnt working.I have found a recent message from Kibtek telling me they have cut me off.This has never happened before in 6 years but it looks like i forgot to pay a bill.Ive been online and paid the outstanding amount and some.Does anyone know if the power is automatically put back on given im not in Cyprus and not back until next week.I have no idea how it works once im paid up and back in the black!

Thanks.

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Cut off by Kibtek.Any information

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

Had this happen to a friend. He paid at Kibtek machine, power straight back on. Not sure about online payment. A phone call or email to them should confirm

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

With the 6 I have had where the bank payment has been delayed and over 469tl, its straight back on once the bank has been informed and when I forgot one (paid cash in bank) it also came back within 2 hours of me leaving the bank.

2Jays
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by 2Jays »

My recent experience:
the bank D/D failed first time ever. Outstanding bill was more than 450TL, got cut off. Paid online, still cut off. Went to Kibtek office, paid bill via the machine, electric back on immediately. Seems that the online payment system is not immediately credited to account. There is also no receipt following payment online.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

If you use facebook you can message Kibtek and I have always found them very prompt and helpful. Their page is "kıbrıs türk elektrik kurumu".

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

JoandJelly wrote:If you use facebook you can message Kibtek and I have always found them very prompt and helpful. Their page is "kıbrıs türk elektrik kurumu".
This is the best way to speak with kibtec, I found imo. Very responsive and friendly

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Happened to us when Credit West hung on the money way over the allotted time, two months in a row. Now we don't trust them and go to their ATM just round the corner from the water roundabout in Girne, or in their main office in Girne, electricity back on virtually immediately. Have you a friend who will do it for you once a month. As the Kibtek man said to me "cut out the middle man and you won't go wrong"!!

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

Name and shame the banks who make these errors!

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Had the same problem with CreditWest and was cut off twice. So now pay myself using Revolut card through the app on my phone. As has been mentioned, you don't get a receipt, but it does show through the app that you have paid.

CatalkoyChris
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by CatalkoyChris »

I always pay plenty in credit. I visit my house 3 times a year so i can easily work out what i need to pay to stay in credit.

I have never paid online, always take cash into Girne office.

Keep yourself in credit.
"Two heads are better than one!" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

CatalkoyChris wrote:so i can easily work out what i need to pay to stay in credit.

Keep yourself in credit.
Not so easy nowadays if you have a pool, security lights etc with the different banding, unless of course you do not mind Kibtek looking after your money for you

I find the going over the 469tl limit is when my customers get cut off when they pay by direct debit but now that i receive the text i can warn them to remind the bank especially when holiday makers are in residence.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”