General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Residency Question

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

If I live in a property, owned by a non family member who has provided a notarized document stating that I am free to live in their property free of rental charges, provided that I continue to pay for all bills attached to that property - when I apply for residency what category do I come under?

I cannot come under property owner as the property is not mine.

I cannot come under high income as I am not a renter or a leaseholder.

I do understand that some people here live - rent free - in properties owned by family members and produce the Notar letter as proof of this when they apply for residency, I am just interested to know under which category they have used to apply?

Additionally, do they apply for 1 year or 2 years?

Just love this place as it is so easy to understand the laws - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residency Question

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

From personal experience (2 years ago), you have to apply as high income. It appears to be the only option available if not applying as a property owner or family member plus immigration said so when asked... Apply for 2 years always, immigration will decide how many years you get.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Many thanks. Thought that would be the case, so you have to prove that you have income of three times the minimum wage so you can afford to live here for nothing - sounds about right for this Government, good job the UK have not caught on to that - lol.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Of course, things may change...

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Won't hold my breath..... Immigration have now confirmed that if you are a non-Cypriot then the prices are 3 times that a Cypriot would expect to pay then - lol. That based on the minimum wage requirements alone. Personally, I have never found this to be true to that extent, but I guess the Government know what they are doing.

If things don't change then they will stay the same - lol. Just happy to be allowed to live here to be honest.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Just got my permit . Was a homeowner but sold it. They then said I come under the category of high income . Staying at my partner's mother's house. They only gave me 6 months . Re applied a few days ago after the time was up. Had to produce all the usual bank statements etc. Only gave me six months again.
Frustrating

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

We have Noter letter for Zero Rent & Stamped Rental agreement for Zero Rent. Apply High income + Spouse.
So far always got 2 years. Current police appointment 4 October. Wait & see

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Mimi2 please could you tell me where your rental agreement for zero rent was stamped. The tax office in Girne refused to stamp mine. They said I had to have a rental agreement with a realistic rent. Thanks

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Hmmm, Seems like the normal left hand and right hand not doing/knowing what each are doing with regard to rental agreements! Interesting Indeed but also seems not worth the effort. So, attacking the problem from a different direction!

What would be the TAX payable if a property was simply transferred into another person's name? That is transferred and not sold! I.E. given away!

That may sound stupid but a well prepared will by the receiver would ensure that the property returned to the original owner in the event of death.

Ideas????

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”