Uncle Sams, Bellapaise Road

Disability and mobility issues within the TRNC. Help and information from members regarding problems faced with access issues within the TRNC as well as other information required concerning disability matters.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Uncle Sams, Bellapaise Road

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Visited U.S's a couple of days ago and looks as if they are in the process of improving their access. There has always been a short wooden slope but a bit too steep. However there appears to be a new one being constructed which will be longer and less steep. Hope I'm right. Will report back when it is finished. Don't all rush though because if you need the loos, there is one hell of long way to go and steep steps to get there.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Uncle Sams, Bellapaise Road

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Thank you Sophie.... this is just the kind of information we need to avoid wasted time and money and disappointment. I think a lot of able bodied people also find it helpful to know if there is a convenient loo when they are dining (and of course wining!) Any chance you could mention this tactfully to the owner or manager? I often wonder why so many Cypriot cafes and restaurants have loos either up or down flights of steps.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Uncle Sams, Bellapaise Road

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Considering it is such a small job, Uncle Sams new slope is moving on, albeit very slowly. Checked yesterday when I went for my weekly "double shot, small espresso with hot milk on the side", Really puts hair on your chest!!

Return to “DISABILITY MATTERS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”