Folding walking sticks

Disability and mobility issues within the TRNC. Help and information from members regarding problems faced with access issues within the TRNC as well as other information required concerning disability matters.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Folding walking sticks

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Woodspeckie was kind enough to bring two spare folding sticks here and has left them with me to give to anyone who needs them.

THey are black, sturdy, can be adjusted for height , and fold to approx 30cm by 20cm most of the width being taken up by the handle.

Ideal for the person with walking difficulties who needs help outside, particularly on rough ground etc, but can manage indoors where s a stick is a nuisance. Also useful for wheelchair and scooter users if the equipment does not have a holder for a normal stick.

They are for people who need them, not just an accessory. Probably not suitable for hill walking, and for walking a dog when I could I preferred a shepherds crook type with a hook.

Woodspeckie is not asking for any payment, so they are free , but a donation to a charity caring for the disabled would be appropriate. If you need one please contact me (pm if you prefer) and they can be collected from Ozankoy.

If there is no response within , say 3 months, or if I leave Kibcom as at present seems likely, I will donate themto Cheshire Homes, who will either issue them to the people they care for, or add them to the equipment they have on loan for anyone.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Folding walking sticks

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

As one of the sticks was unclaimed I have donated it to Cheshire Homes, who were delighted with it. For those who do not know, in addition to other good work for the disabled, Cheshire Homes hold a supply of sticks, wheelchair and other mobility aids which are available on loan to anyone who needs them - Citizen, Resident, Swallow or Tourist - in return for a suitable donation

Many thanks to Woodspeckie for taking the trouble to get these in the UK and bring them over for the benefit of disabled people who are unable to get them here.

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

I'm always happy to bring things over for people & if a couple of these walking sticks are needed, I am over in May

smiley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by smiley »

I have just purchased a folding walking stick from Pound plus superstore on the bypass, it only cost 32tl.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Thank you so much Smiley for the info and for posting it here for others' information

Return to “DISABILITY MATTERS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”