Tour to Saint Hilarion Castle?

Find out about activities taking place in TRNC. Out on holiday? Find out about Scubba Diving, Paragliding, Bird Watching, Hiking Trips, Fishing and much more...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kayc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Tour to Saint Hilarion Castle?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by kayc »

Myself and 4 other friends (all new here to TRNC) would like to go up to see the castle. I am wondering if there are organized tours/buses to the site. IF you have any helpful information, it would be much appreciated.

gemma
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Tour to Saint Hilarion Castle?

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by gemma »

Dear Kay,

Teztur company arrange tours in VIP VITO luxury car with or without a Guide , as a half or full day.. You can call on 05338405849 via Whatsapp or [email protected] or [email protected] . . Warm Regards

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Where are you staying Kay? Are you in a hotel, if so they should be able to arrange something for you. Do none of your party drive? Hiring a car for the day would be an option. I'm not sure that there's a dedicated dolmus to the castle but the place is riddled with tour buses most days. From whence they cometh I knoweth not.

kayc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by kayc »

Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated. I live in Lefcosia, renting a flat.

I haven't driven yet here - actually a bit nervous about that as it is totally opposite from driving in the USA (other side of the road, driver's seat on the right, it's a bit intimidating!) And, I wonder if there are guardrails, or how wide the road it up to the castle, so I think I'll leave the driving to someone else. Ha.

We hope to get up there to that castle on a weekend day, and now that cooler weather is arriving - spending the day there would be awesome. A guide isn't necessary, we'd prefer to just explore on our own timetable. I understand there is a small cafe where one can get a sandwich or a beverage up there too.

Being here on this island, I surely want to see all these interesting ancient places.

Thanks.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

If you have a small blue or pink book with your photo and address in it (issued when you get a 1 or two year 'Visitor' visa stamp in your passport ) be sure to show it when buying your entry ticket for any 'Historical or Cultural' attraction; as you will qualify for a discount!

Return to “ACTIVITIES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”