Northern Cyprus football

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

TykeTraveller
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Northern Cyprus football

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by TykeTraveller »

I'm heading for Northern Cyprus at the end of the month and will be taking in a few KPET Super League and League One fixtures in and around the Famagusta region.
Any tips for particulary photogenic/unusual grounds to visit or general info about the league/clubs, etc, appreciated.

sabrerich
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Northern Cyprus football

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sabrerich »

Season starts weekend 22/23 Sept Matches in Famagusta for that weekend :

Saturday Sept 23 : Çanakkale v Akova Vurdu League 1 ko 4-30pm at Çanakkale Muharrem Döveç Stadı ground near roundabout on end of Lefkosa- Famagusta main road very rural and basic ground but locals very friendly
Sunday 23rd Sept Maraş v Dumlupınar a local derby should be redhot atmosphere ın Maraş very small Stadıum. ko 4-30pm Maraş Sahası ( a bit of a sod to find need to head out on main road to the border, them just before crossing take a left and another left very rural and basic stadium.
The Football Federation as i write this have not published any more fixtures yet for the following week

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

sabrerich wrote:Season starts weekend 22/23 Sept Matches in Famagusta for that weekend :

Saturday Sept 23 : Çanakkale v Akova Vurdu League 1 ko 4-30pm at Çanakkale Muharrem Döveç Stadı ground near roundabout on end of Lefkosa- Famagusta main road very rural and basic ground but locals very friendly
Sunday 23rd Sept Maraş v Dumlupınar a local derby should be redhot atmosphere ın Maraş very small Stadıum. ko 4-30pm Maraş Sahası ( a bit of a sod to find need to head out on main road to the border, them just before crossing take a left and another left very rural and basic stadium.
The Football Federation as i write this have not published any more fixtures yet for the following week
Where can you get details of the games and is there a team in the Lapta area?
How much is it to watch a game on average?

TykeTraveller
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by TykeTraveller »

Thank you. much appreciated.
It'll be the following two weekends I'll be there.
As it stands, I'm hoping to take in games at Magusa Turk, Mesarya, Yeni Bogazici, Maras and Dumlupinar, depending on fixtures and KO times.
Others on the 'possible' list are Gencler Birligi, Akara Vuda, Canakkale and Mormenekse
Any info on any of those clubs and grounds much appreciated.

sabrerich
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sabrerich »

I am afraid Lapta we’re relegated last season to the BTM League 1 , this league does not start till November.
If you live in the Lapta area then your local teams are Merit Alsancak Yeşilova a süper League they play in Alsancak. However their first home game of the season has just been switched to the Girne 20 Temmuz Mete adanır Stadı kıck off 7-00pm on Sunday 23rd September v Mağusa Türk Güçü.
Karşıyaka are Your other local team They have jest got promoted to League 1, their First match of The season is away.
Unfortunately the Football Federation here does not publish fixtures too much in advance. They have only released fixtures for the first week of the season not for the following weeks ! A marketing opportunity lost.
The Football Federation site is ktff.org.
The entry charge is 20-30tl

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

http://www.ktff.org/HomePage - just in case you have difficulty accessing the site.

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

Which league are Duskaya in?.

sabrerich
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sabrerich »

Sorry only saw your post today. DÜZKAYA the team that play behind Çatalköy Tempo Supermarket are now in the top division of the TRNC, Super League after getting promotion last season from League 1.
As İ write thıs Düzkaya first home match of the season kick off 4-30pm ıs agaınst Küçük Kaymaklı from Lefkoşa. As usual with the Football Federation here confirmation of when it will be played has not been finalised !. İt will be either Saturday, Sept 21 or Sunday Sept 22. I will let you know when.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

sabrerich wrote: If you live in the Lapta area then your local teams are Merit Alsancak Yeşilova a süper League they play in Alsancak. However their first home game of the season has just been switched to the Girne 20 Temmuz Mete adanır Stadı kıck off 7-00pm on Sunday 23rd September v Mağusa Türk Güçü.
Karşıyaka are Your other local team They have jest got promoted to League 1, their First match of The season is away.
Whereabouts are their local stadiums/pitches?

sabrerich
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sabrerich »

Enjoying the sun, sorry it may be too late if you are just on holiday in the TRNC. There is little interest shown by the majority of football ex pats in the local TRNC football, my apologies for the late reply to your post.

MERIT ALSANCAK YEŞILOVA are a Super League team that are currently playing their matches in the Karaoğlanoğlu Orhan Dural Stadı which is behind the Mountaın View Hotel. Their next home match ıs on the 26th October v Çetinkaya kick off 3-30pm

Other teams in your area are KARŞIYAKA a League 1 team that play at the Ergin Şahdur Stadı whıch ıf you are coming from the Lapta strip ıs on the left hand side signposted Stadium. Its a very basic Stadium but who cares its football theır next match is on October 19 v Yalova kick off 3-30pm
The other League 1 side in your area is Lapta sorry to be vague but dementia is kicking in the Stadıum ıs on the right after leaving the Lapta strip, I can't really remember as only I visit the ground once a year when my team Esentepe play them. Its a old ground but gets plenty of local support. Their next home match is on 26th October v Girne Halk Evi kick off 3-30pm
Enjoy your football the locals always make you welcome ! -if you require any other info please replete this post.
Whatever match you choose to visit the locals always make you feel very welcome.
Please come back to me if you require any further info.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Thanks sabrerich, I'll wander down and find a local team to follow

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

How do I find the fixture list please?

sabrerich
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sabrerich »

Sorry for late reply, but not much interest shown in Local Football by ex pats.

Internet click onto the Football Federation website. ktff.org. com. then click onto Ligler on right hand side of page.

Choose what League you want ie K-Pet Super League, K-Pet League 1, BTM League

After selecting what League click onto "Puan and Cetveli ve Fiskstur.
That will then open the page that shows last weeks results for that particular League.
Click onto shaded box number 1e 8, that will then show you next weeks fixtures .
Unfortunately they only show matches for around 3 weeks in advance !
Hopes this helps.

Return to “SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”