Lens Implants

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hippocampus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Lens Implants

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Hippocampus »

Has anybody had lens implants either here or in Turkey? If so, I would very much appreciate a chat about it. Even if somebody has had this done in the UK, it would be nice to know what their experience of it is.

Thanks!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Lens Implants

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Hippocampus, I had this done for both eyes last year. I was long sighted in left eye and short sighted in right eye, at the time they just started using new Multifocal lenses, which meant for me if I had implanted for both eyes I would not need to even wear reading glasses, but after effect of seeing glare at night was a higher risk. After op, had better that 10/20 vision (apparently much better than 20/20) but had the glare and halo effects, but these gradually reduce with time. After one your I hardly see any halos and night time glare from lights is not so bad. The glare could have been eliminated if I had a standard lens put in my right eye, but this would have meant having to wear glasses for reading, so I opted for the multifocal.

The op is painless and completed within 10 minutes per eye. Need to be careful for 1st 2 weeks not to get an infection. Totally recommend it, saves me using 3 sets of glasses for: short, intermediate & long distance and the hassle of carrying them around.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Hippocampus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Hippocampus »

Thanks Soner, that is reassuring, quite frankly I am terrified but determined to go ahead with this. Where did you have this done? I am nervous of having the procedure here, because if something does go wrong, the legal system would be difficult to rely upon for redress, on the other hand it would be so much easier. Knowing that others have had success locally or in Turkey would be a great comfort.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Had in done by Optical Express, consultation and check-ups was in Harley Street and Op was in West Fields Whitecity. Nothing to worry about, but I believe incision above Iris can vary. Optical Express only did a 3mm incision which repaired very quickly. Like I said, you will not feel a thing, you are awake throughout the operation but you will only see lights and shadows during the op. Nothing to worry about, they also inject you with something to ensure you remain calm, I don't think I even needed it.

Good Luck .... you will be amazed with the results immediately after op.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”