Foot and ankle surgeon

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Foot and ankle surgeon

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Do we have one here and where are they based?

I had hoped to get an ultrasound and/or x-ray via my work permit to check whether I have anything imbedded or broken in my foot. My heel has not responded to foot exercises and icing and even pain relieve gel only dulls the ache for a few hours therefore need the right person to advise what is wrong with it. I hope I am not going to hear old and overweight! but hey at least I'll know.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Foot and ankle surgeon

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

May be completely out here but if the pain is in the bottom of the foot under the heel it may be this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis
My husband has suffered with this and it tends to come and go but agony when it comes. Lots of info on internet if you think it could be this.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Thank you, back in March I would agree the symptoms were exactly like it says, hence all the exercises and ice packs but only the swelling on the ankle has stopped, the pain has just got worse. The other half says a hip replacement will be next the way I am supposedly walking and as I do have the regular opportunity of having something enter my foot and break off even though I used to wear clod hopping boots (ssh Keith could be reading) this could be another reason. My new footwear is helping but I hate taking them off as I know it will be painful!

Awali
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Awali »

snd1966: If it is plantar fasciitis, then it is a horribly painful condition. I suffered with it on and off for a year or so. It would play up for a day or two, then clear up. It got steadily worse though, so much so, that I had to walk on my tiptoes! I went for an x-ray which showed I also had a heel spur. I found a physiotherapist in Lefkosa who is excellent. He used extracorporeal shock wave therapy on me. It does take time to get better, but it helped me immensely. I honestly thought I would never be able to walk normally again! His contact details are: Dr. Huseyin Ertunga, mobile number: 0533-863-2666. He speaks fluent English. His clinic is not too far from State Hospital in Lefkosa. Good luck.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I'm not saying anything...

...except, "Get well SOON!".

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”