Urology dept

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Taffcook
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Urology dept

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Taffcook »

Hi does anyone know where abouts in Girne state hospital the urology dept is situated. I have to go there Friday and haven't got a clue. Please call on 05338883205 or message me. Thanks in advance

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Urology dept

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

You will most likely have to pay before seeing the doctor.

There are 2 entrances to the hospital, one at the front next to emergency which leads to the upper floor of the hospital. The other at the rear of the building, beside the car park that leads to the lower floor. The payment area is on the upper floor at the rear of the building, as are most of the doctor's rooms.

From the rear entrance go up the stairs on left hand side, last time I was there I needed to do a u turn at the top. From the entrance next to ER, walk straight down the corridor as far as you can and turn left, the payment area is ahead on right. There are 3 or 4 booths with roping for the queues. If you don't have an appointment then get there early as they tend to had a limited amount of appointments to give out. If your doctor has asked you to attend then it would be best if you had something from him/her in writing.

Once you've paid, you should be told which room to go to, if not ask. Normally, you wait outside the room until your number is called but try to keep an eye on others waiting as there can be a lot of queue jumping. At least there was when I last attended, big elbows are helpful...

If in doubt, there is an information desk (Danışma) on the lower floor near the stairs.

Hope that information is still relevant, if not someone will soon correct it...

Edit: take your passport, I seem to remember they ask for it at payment.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”