pool maintenance

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

MargaretB
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

pool maintenance

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by MargaretB »

Why is pool maintenance so expensive!!! i have just bought a villa in karisyaka with a 10 by 5 salt water pool
can anyone tell me who is the cheapest maintenance company in the area...I am shocked at the prices i have seen

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: pool maintenance

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

It may help if you gave a guide price of what you thought was a good price to pay.

And speak to your neighbours, at least then the petrol costs would be less for the person and a deal may be done.

Cheap will probably be
someone who does not put into the tax system here
Has another source of income
Lives differently while working away from their home country
Has too many pools to earn a liveable income
Has lots of spare time on their hands

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

MargaretB, the usual cost for that size pool from most companies is £60 pcm for 2 x weekly visits in May - Oct and 1 visit per week in the 'winter' season. The maintenance involves the water clarity, acidity level and pool bottom cleaning. Some companies will brush the grating. The pump, pipework, valves and electrics may need to be discussed when you set up a contract. Look in Buzzbook for a list of pool cleaning companies and get quotes for what you expect to be covered. Water top up is usually the owner's responsibility, not the maintenance company/individual you employ.

Others, with detailed knowledge and experience can, and I'm sure will, comment on specifics. As they say, "you'll get what you pay for." If you employ a non-approved and legitimate cleaner, what are the legal implications in the event of infections with pool users and employee injury?

Happy bathing.

MargaretB
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by MargaretB »

Thank you for your help with this
I am now looking for a pool cover any idea of prices for 10x5 pool with roman end ???

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

If you are going to live here permanently it is better to do it yourself.
For the two years before we moved in permanently we used Poolland in Karsiayaka, £60pm for fresh water pool.
Poolland (and others) will sell you the few basic items you need.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Pool covers are not common here as most pools are overflow type so you need to drop the water level so the cover does not blow away. You then have the problem of the roman end as depending on which way the wind is blowing it can get under the cover from that end & it will lift & blow away.
Am assuming your pool is heated which is why you are asking about covers?

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”