Swimming Pool Help

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

george olly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Swimming Pool Help

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by george olly »

Hi All

A little help please. I'm trying to work out manual valve and multiport valve settings for the various actions. Vac, rinse backwash etc. I've done a drawing of my pool pipework and would be most obliged if some knowledged person could fill in the blanks on the valve setting matrix etc and when the pump should be on or off. Also when to backwash and rinse. Please feel free to add to the drawing. Sorry not autocad but excel will have to do

Many Thanks
Attachments
Pool Pipes and Valve Configuration.xlsx
(12.18 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Swimming Pool Help

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

George,

Your diagram is wrong, Lets talk you through it.

The water comes from the balance tank through the valve and the check valve through the pump then through the filter past the inlet valve and into the jets in the bottom of the pool.

Normal running balance tank open inlet valve open multi to filter.
Normal cleaning Balance tank closed inlet open vacuum open multi to filter.
Cleaning when very dirty with water going to waste as per above but with multi to waste.
Backwash as required. To backwash turn inlet of, multi to backwash backwash til runs clear in sight class. Stop. Turn to rinse run for 30 seconds. Stop then return to filter.

Main drain should be closed during these operations. Only need to use main drain when balance tank is low.

Where are you based? If near I can drop by and talk you through it.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

After backwash write on your filter what the pressure is. Backwash again when pressure is 10% higher
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

Swimming pools are very complicated,you really need professional help I think.
I paid a pool professional money to teach me how it all works when I moved here-you will get your money back in no time.
You can do a lot of damage by tinkering with stuff you dont understand.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Jonnie wrote:After backwash write on your filter what the pressure is. Backwash again when pressure is 10% higher
I've found it better not to backwash until the pressure gauge is almost in the red zone.
The filter action gets much better as the pressure goes up, although if it goes too high the rate of flow is reduced of course - it's a trade off...

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Regarding the Pressure Gauge that Keith mentions it is worth remembering that on the back of it is a knurled knob to bleed any air out of the filter unit.
I have found that occasionally (e.g. after any maintenance) air enters the unit and this causes a reduction in the pressure reading and lower pressure/flow rate from the filter into the pool.
Without the filter running just open the bleed screw to expel all the air.

george olly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by george olly »

Hi All

Many thanks for your valuable advice. Good to know there is help out there. I swallowed my Engineering pride and got a neighbour to help out. I now understand the workings and more important the does and don'ts. Thanks again
George

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”