How to repair Main Drain Valve leak

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

How to repair Main Drain Valve leak

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

I have a constant drip coming from my Main Drain Valve. Is there any way to repair this without draining the pool?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: How to repair Main Drain Valve leak

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I seem to recollect TRNCVaughan suggesting that a couple of carrier bags or bin bags across the main drain would slow the flow of water sufficiently to enable you to do the job without drowning provided that you had an appropriate replacement to hand , and just GOT ON WITH IT!!

Sorry for the capitals!

Rafferty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: How to repair Main Drain Valve leak

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Rafferty »

May l suggest you use a diver with tanks and weight belt to stay down there to remove the drain cover screws and then he will be able to use a drain plug, normally 50 or 63 in size, PLEASE MAKE SURE THE PUMP IS TURNED OFF , PLUS ELCETRIC AND TURN ALL YOUR VALVES TO CLOSE FIRST. then you will be able to remove the valve with only the water left in the pipe coming into your pumhouse, open it slowly just in case, make sure you are able to purchase like for like valve, otherwise you will have to cut it out and fit a new one with some new pipework need to be done.

Once the new valve has been replaced and if any new pipework has been fitted please give time for the cerment to dry and fix correctly, once you are happy ,slowly turn the valve on to check no leaks, then call the dive back into remove the plug and refit the drain cover back, then open all the valves to the correct running positions and then turn on the pump to test your work again, Job done

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”