Swimming Pool Construction & Repair (pictures included)

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Cyprus Homebuilders
Verified Business
Verified Business

Swimming Pool Construction & Repair (pictures included)

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Cyprus Homebuilders »

• Ready to upgrade your property and increase its value with a beautiful swimming pool?
• Noticing a leaky pool, tile issues, or faulty electrics that are keeping you from summer fun?
• Considering a modern patio or romantic terrace for some late-night entertaining?

Cyprus Homebuilders is standing by to get your summer off to a great start! We are an experienced construction and repair company in the TRNC, ready to assess your property and help you make some valuable decisions for your future. Whether you are ready to enhance your property with new pool and patio construction http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/servi ... rth-cyprus
or you need professional help to repair some existing pool and patio issues http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/servi ... rth-cyprus
you’ll be pleased with our high-quality workmanship at prices that meet your budget. Our seasoned professionals offer the expert solutions you’ve been looking for.

Reasons to Call Cyprus Homebuilders Today
  • Cyprus Homebuilders is certified by the Turkish Cypriot Building Contractors Union, specializing in new and existing construction and repair.
    • You are included in our construction or repair strategy and involved in every step of the project.
    • We offer the most cost-efficient solutions for you to choose from.
    • We have only qualified, trained, and experienced professionals on our team to manage your pool and patio jobs from start to finish.
    • We provide an estimated timeline for construction and repair phases, and we follow it to the best of our ability.
    • We use only the finest construction materials based on your particular tastes and needs.
    • A post-project cleanup process ensures your complete satisfaction and includes our Cyprus Homebuilders warranty for your peace of mind.

Get on Our Schedule Today For Your Summer Pool or Patio Project!
Visit the Cyprus Homebuilders Portfolio and Photo Gallery http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/portfolio and see what our Customers are talking about http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/testi ... ers/page/1.

Get ready to see some stunning pool and patio construction and repairs. Let us add you to our schedule today!

Web: http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com
Phone: +90-533-836-0611
Write To Us: http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/trnc/contact
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cyprus.homebuilders
Attachments
Infinity edge swimming pool built in Iskele
Infinity edge swimming pool built in Iskele
Infinity edge swimming pool built in Alsancak
Infinity edge swimming pool built in Alsancak
Overflow pool with a Roman end built in Ozankoy
Overflow pool with a Roman end built in Ozankoy
Last edited by Cyprus Homebuilders on Tue 10 Oct 2017 6:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cyprus Homebuilders
Verified Business
Verified Business

Re: Swimming Pool Construction & Repair – In Time For Summer

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Graham and Linda Robinson, Alsancak
"Our pool wasn't overflowing evenly, only from one corner. Dursun and his team took all edgings off and replaced them with travertine coping stones. They sealed gullies and replaced tiles at the top of the pool. It took approximately 2 weeks in March, 2014.

The job was excellent. Our pool now overflows as it should. Dursun called at my villa, took his time, and explained how he would resolve the problem with the pool. He e-mailed me a quote for the job, listed all materials, job description, how long it would take, etc.

Once agreed on the price, job was completed as promised. The work carried out was to an excellent standard. The company kept me informed from start to finish with e-mails and photos. A genuine person - would definitely recommend!"

Neil and Gwen Avery, Ozankoy
"Our pool was not overflowing all around and part of the pool terracing had collapsed. The work involved raising the height of the pool to create a new level. This had an added benefit in that dirt now doesn't enter the pool easily.

The collapsed terrace was a problem because the tiles that were already in place – natural Efes stone - could not be found in the TRNC. Dursun managed to repair it by using the tiles he had taken from the pool surround when he raised the pool. I had previously tried to obtain quotes from two other builders, but after site visits I heard no more from them.

Dursun and Cyprus Homebuilders also fixed a couple of problems that we had with water pooling on the terrace without extra charge. Our overall impression of the job done is extremely good."

John and Pat McLean, Esentepe
"Our swimming pool was severely leaking, so we asked for a complete re-build of swimming pool internals. The work was undertaken during early 2012. Completion was delayed as exceptional rainfall interrupted works while essential steps had to be repeated many times to ensure the integrity of the completed works.

Cyprus Homebuilders took the time and trouble to ensure the work was undertaken and the outcome was successful. We are very pleased with the results as after five years we haven't faced any leak problems at all."

Philip Kew, Karsiyaka
"My swimmimg pool had major leaks in the upper part of the pool around the guttering. Also due to several years not in use, the lower pool had developed some cracked tiles and loose grouting. Pool light fittings had become damaged by the sun.

Cyprus Homebuilders completely rebuilt the upper area of the pool and guttering, using waterproof membranes and quality cement, then replaced the tiles and coping stones with new ones, which matched well with the originals lower down. They also checked the concrete quality lower down and replaced some bad tiles, and re-grouted where necessary. The faulty light fittings were replaced and re-sealed. Finally, the pump was re-fitted and the electric supply reconnected and tested. The pool was filled and its operation tested.

Appearance of the work is excellent, with good finish and good match of the tiles to the originals. All waste materials were removed from site and the area left tidy. To date the pool appears sound with no leakage, so overall the job seems excellent. Pricing seemed fair and competitive. Dursun and Ana were always very helpful and pleasant, and readily contactable."
Last edited by Cyprus Homebuilders on Mon 11 Sep 2017 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best regards,

Cyprus Homebuilders
+90-533-836-0611
[email protected]
www.cyprushomebuilders.com

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Hi Cyprus Homebuilders,
When I switch my pump to internal circulation, the level of the pool slowly drops by about 10 inches, so the water is back flowing into the balance tank.
Is this something that you can fix?
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Soner, I am fairly sure that there is debris trapped in the Non Return Valve (AKA 'Check Valve') which is on the pipe that feeds water from the balane tank towards the pump / manifold.

It's an easy task to clean it out, but close all of the valves, including the big multi-way 'function' valve before you start, or else you'll get a bit wet!

The locking rings should only be hand tight, because there are rubber 'O' rings to form a seal on the flat faces of the valve, so it doesn't need a lot of pressure to get a good seal - watch that you don't drop 'em... A smear of vaseline on the threads and 'O' rings helps make it easy to put back together.

The valve itself can be gently eased apart if necessary, but do this on your kitchen table the first time that you try it, so that you can clearly see where the bits go, but generally you can fish the muck out without dismantling it.

Once you've cleaned the valve out, take care to refit it with the arrow pointing in the same direction - away from the balance tank - and restore all of the valves to their normal operating positions.

You have just achieved Pool Maintenance Level One NVQ

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I would just add that it is good practice to have a second Non Return Valve fitted to the pipe that feeds water to the 'Jets' at the bottom of the pool. This pipe should only deal with clean water, so it's not at risk of becoming blocked by debris, and even if the first Non Return Valve becomes wedged open, the second one should prevent the pool draining back into the balance tank in normal circumstances.

Of course, there are always exceptional circumstances, but you've got to try!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Thanks Keith,
Not that familiar with the pump system yet, so no way do I get the NVQ. Will look into it when I return to TRNC and see if I can work out with instructions given.

Cyprus Homebuilders can still give me a quote, as I am sure I will get wet or possible drown in the pump room.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by gates »

its your no return valves there are 2 one buy the filter and one buy your taps its easy job but if you dont do it the water will keep coming out of the back wash and costing you money where do you live i can come and do for you free as you have helped me a few times

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Thanks for the kind offer gates, but I live far far away from Girne and will not be out in TRNC for another 6 weeks. I will try a see if I can fix. Look out for news in the papers about a man that drown in his pool pump room.

Cyprus Homebuilders
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Wow, looks like the thread had a busy weekend. Soner, I've sent you an email.
Best regards,

Cyprus Homebuilders
+90-533-836-0611
[email protected]

Cyprus Homebuilders
Verified Business
Verified Business

Re: Swimming Pool Construction & Repair

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

The swimming season is getting over, it's time to start planning necessary repairs
Best regards,

Cyprus Homebuilders
+90-533-836-0611
[email protected]

Cyprus Homebuilders
Verified Business
Verified Business

Re: Swimming Pool Construction & Repair (pictures included)

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Is your swimming pool and patio ready for the upcoming winter? Check out our newest article on winterising swimming pools in North Cyprus http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/diy/s ... rth-cyprus
Best regards,

Cyprus Homebuilders
+90-533-836-0611
[email protected]

Cyprus Homebuilders
Verified Business
Verified Business

Re: Swimming Pool Construction & Repair (pictures included)

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

The summer is rapidly approaching, and now is the perfect time to take care of your pool and get it ready for the new season
Best regards,

Cyprus Homebuilders
+90-533-836-0611
[email protected]

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”