Really Bad experience with EUROMED

Moving to North Cyprus or returning home?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Babutsa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Really Bad experience with EUROMED

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Babutsa »

Although we paid for a whole container, other things were stacked up on our possessions and were crashed so badly we lost a lot of our stock (pallet at the bottom was smashed). They were not interested in helping in anyway and labelled us liars. We were insulted, refused communication and due to our age we were told by complaining we were being disrespectful and the director will not talk to us as he is our father's age. It was like a really bad prank! Almost unbelievable. Director than came to see us and told us he is refusing to release what's left of our stuff and we can do what we like.

The nightmare started 2 months before this. When we were told it will take 25 days for stuff to arrive. It took 2 months. Along the way price got increased 4 times!!! FOUR!!! We were told we have no other choice but to accept as our stuff were already collected. Along the way they started avoiding our calls and when we used other numbers to ring we were told they will get back to us in 5 mins. 5 days will go by and still nothing. When our pallets reached Turkey they called us saying it will be in Famagusta in 2 days. 2 days later we get a call from some one we know saying your stuff arent here. We call Euromed only for them to realise they have forgotten our stuff in Turkey. They called and told us it will be with us in another 2 days. When we complained with this many changes and irregularities...we were told ' You are lying, this will never happen' although they called from their office and told us themselves.

Our advice to not use Euromed. It's up to you now...

On a positive note, we have used Emel Shipping and they were awesome!! Right on time, for the initial price and stayed in contact through out. Well done Emel shipping. We will use you again!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Really Bad experience with EUROMED

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Are any of them safe to use I wonder? Just over 7 years ago a friend of mine used Pickfords to come over here and they lost her Mercedes, which was supposedly in the same huge container as her stuff. It eventually turned up in Istanbul, minus radio and CD player.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Our stuff came from Australia and no problems or breakages, BUT there was a rogue agent in Turkey who tried to say that we had ot pay for stuff to go into a bonded warehouse etc, etc, etc. All fibs, but that was not the fault of the shipping agent who was terrific. But this sounds a really sad case. What was being transported? Was this business stuff or personal possessions? And where is everything now. Isn't there anyone who can fight for you. There must be some way of getting justice.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

billywiz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by billywiz »

i,m in thhe process of recieving my container we went through Emell Shipping. Went 2 weeks ago to get all the paper work done ready for when it arrives, its a family run bussiness (father and sons) we have had excellent service so far and all our questions answered with no hassel and kept upto date with everything. Lets hope it stays that way when customs come to the house to off load.

billywiz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by billywiz »

all done and dusted had my container yesterday all went smooth, tax 14otl for a tvs and that was it.i would recomend emell shipping every time.The Owner Ahmet was brilliant as were his sons,they are based in Lofkosa.

Return to “SHIPPING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”