Has anyone lost a black puppy?? AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Has anyone lost a black puppy?? AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

WONDERFUL NEWS.<br />This little lady now has a new home!!<br />I have been told she was chipped and registered today and now has a wonderful forever home.<br />THANK YOU so much for giving her a wonderful caring new home (for privacy I won't name the new owners)<br />I would also like to thank Karen and Terry for helping with her rehabilitation.<br />To thank KAR for agreeing to take her when once her leg had mended.<br />To Fuat (Garfields) for all his help.<br />And to everyone who has posted her plight on social media.<br />KAR have more info on their Facebook page but I would just like to add that neither I nor her new owners are on Facebook and it was through Kibkom that she has found her new home.<br />Thank you Kibkom :-)
WONDERFUL NEWS.
This little lady now has a new home!!
I have been told she was chipped and registered today and now has a wonderful forever home.
THANK YOU so much for giving her a wonderful caring new home (for privacy I won't name the new owners)
I would also like to thank Karen and Terry for helping with her rehabilitation.
To thank KAR for agreeing to take her when once her leg had mended.
To Fuat (Garfields) for all his help.
And to everyone who has posted her plight on social media.
KAR have more info on their Facebook page but I would just like to add that neither I nor her new owners are on Facebook and it was through Kibkom that she has found her new home.
Thank you Kibkom :-)
On Tuesday a small black puppy, roughly 2.5 months old, was brought into Garfields Clinic by a man on a moped who had found her in the road.
I believe she was found in the Alsancak area but I do not know exactly where - still trying to find out.

She was limping and it turned out that her back leg was broken but it would cost 600TL to have the operation (a much reduced price) and the man could not afford to pay this.

As I happened to be there and could not let the puppy go without the operation, I have paid for her operation and she is now convalescing in a caged area to restrict her movements.

She appears to have been trained to use a pad for going to the toilet, is very quiet (except when she gets excited at meal times ), and also appears to understand English as she sits when told to. She doesn't respond to the same command in Turkish.

She has obviously been well fed and cared for up to now so I imagine she has come from a good home.

If anyone knows of a puppy that may have escaped from a garden, and has been lost for a few days please let me know and we can see if she is yours.

I have not taken her to KAR as she would need to be quarantined initially anyway, so I am doing that at the moment.
She will also have to be checked in 10 days to ensure the leg is healing correctly.

Please see attached photo taken today at Garfields. The puppy also has a little white are below her chin which is not clearly visible in the photo.
Last edited by Catlover on Thu 21 Mar 2019 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Has anyone lost a black puppy??

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

Please see attached photo now...

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

Now on Facebook - please pass the word.
Still looking for her owner...

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

An update on the puppy, apparently she was found in Lapta near the Belediye, not Alsancak as previously thought.
So if you or anyone you know lost a little black puppy with a white mark on her chest please can you let me know.

She has since had another operation to remove the pin as it had slipped and she was in extreme pain.
Now a much happier little girl with a split/bandage on her leg.

I will be starting her injections next week to give her a fighting chance against the infections going around at the moment.
Obviously she still has several weeks of recovery ahead but will need a home.
Unfortunately she cannot stay with me long term, my cats won't allow it and are already unhappy about her presence.
If anyone could please consider giving a very loving puppy a home I am willing to ensure her injections have all been done and will pay for her to be spayed.

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

Wonderful news, although I never found the owner, KAR have agreed to take her to prevent her being put back out on the streets.
She is currently being cared for by Karen and Terry Gallagher to help her build up the strength in her leg and to become used to being around other dogs again.

Unfortunately even with notices on Facebook, Hope 4 Pets and Kibkom, no-one has come forward to give her a home.
She is a lovely, friendly little girl and I am just so grateful to Karen, Terry and KAR for all the help they have given me.
I would also like to thank Fuat (Garfields) for all of his support these past two months.
Olive is a very lucky little girl and hopefully will find a new forever home.
If anyone can offer her a forever home please speak to Karen and check out her Facebook posts.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Has anyone lost a black puppy?? UPDATE

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Thank you for helping this puppy ... very kind.

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Has anyone lost a black puppy?? AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

WONDERFUL NEWS.
This little lady now has a new home!!
I have been told she was chipped and registered today and now has a wonderful forever home.
THANK YOU so much for giving her a wonderful caring new home (for privacy I won't name the new owners)
I would also like to thank Karen and Terry for helping with her rehabilitation.
To thank KAR for agreeing to take her when once her leg had mended.
To Fuat (Garfields) for all his help.
And to everyone who has posted her plight on social media.
KAR have more info on their Facebook page but I would just like to add that neither I nor her new owners are on Facebook and it was through Kibkom that she has found her new home.
Thank you Kibkom

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Has anyone lost a black puppy?? AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I love a Happy Ending. And of course thanks to everyone who helped, regardless of who they are. Special thanks go to the man who "didn't pass by" in the first place.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”