Dead Dog-Karsiyaka Area

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

PapaSquidge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dead Dog-Karsiyaka Area

Post by PapaSquidge »

If anyone is missing or knows of anyone missing a very large white dog that looked like Kangol/Lab/G Shepard crossbreed from around Karsiyaka area....I killed it last night about 18.10hrs.

It was running wild on he opposite side of the road down from the coffee shop when it darted across the path of a Lorry that missed it and I hit it full on...my car is very badly damaged and I was lucky not to have had or caused a more serious accident. I went to look for the remains but found none...no blood, no glass, nothing....complete mystery.

The point of this post is to apologise to the owner for killing their dog but would ask why was a dog that size running lose, or perhaps it was a street dog which runs loose, if so, I fear that many more will be killed as they really are upset and demented, not their fault but makes a case for rounding up strays and culling them.

I could have been killed or killed someone else as a result of this. The car can get fixed, not worried about that, unless the animal was a pet and the owner would like to pay for the damage caused, but I am concerned about the number of strays that are on the roads.

Another issue to be borne in mind is if a bitch is in heat these strays find her and form a pack around her and are vicious.

I am not a doggie hater, far from it, I have had dogs all my life, donate to dog charities and up until last week had 3 rescue dogs and a cat...sadly my 15 year old passed with cancer so would appreciate no dog hating responses.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: DEAD DOG-KARSIYAKA AREA

Post by ljarvo »

Thanks for the post - but what do you mean by - 'no remains, no blood etc' - did the dog run off injured?

squashmad
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by squashmad »

How do you know you killed it if it ran off?

PapaSquidge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by PapaSquidge »

No way did I injure that dog, it is dead as dead can be, I hit it at about 80k/hr (no comments about fast driving) and the complete front of my car is trashed, lights, panel, under carriage, some engine damage...plus the front and back tyres also went over it...so if it ran off injured good luck to it. Like I also said, I could find no glass from my smashed lights or bits of bumper. That I find strange. No I was not drinking, and no, I did not imagine it.

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by surfmeetseast »

It may sound like a stupid question then but is the body still mangled up in your undercarriage? I presume you had a good look when it was light. Could it have stayed with your car for any distance and fallen off later? Or was the car totally un driveable

buddy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by buddy »

Really you expect no comment to be made 80k an hour ! Thank God it wasn't a child .

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dead Dog-Karsiyaka Area

Post by surfmeetseast »

Agree with last post, and maybe op would be less concerned about damage to the car if it had been

jacob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by jacob »

Surely this is a wind up, who would drive that fast, obviously dangerous, hit and claim to have killed a dog and then mention the damage.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

Is the speed limit not 80 kph outside of restricted areas on that road?

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by surfmeetseast »

Fail to see how any soft bodied creature could do damage to an engine.
Limit may be 80km (I believe it to be 65) but you drive that fast at DUSK then you are an absolute A class pratt, who does not take into consideration the general dangers that may be present along roads of this kind

Brighton Dot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Brighton Dot »

I worry myself sick about the dogs that run free close to the roads. Subsequently I now drive like Miss Daisy just in case one runs out in from of me. Driving along that stretch of road at 80km per hour is completely irresponsible...don't expect to avoid a bashing on here for admitting to that.

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Johnny Lee »

I think to insult some one who has had a dreadful experience there-self, Is pretty low. I am sure it was not deliberate and now someone has to foot the car damage bill. Hopefully they have full insurance. Also of course very sorry for the poor dog.

I don't think that driving at 80 K on a main rd. is excessive. Approx. 50 mph. Show me a person who has not broken the speed limit and I will show you a saint.

The driver I am sure is in no way to blame.

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by surfmeetseast »

Certainly not insulting this person personally Johnny Lee, just any pratt will
do
If the car damage is more important to you than the loss of life, whatever creature it may be then sorry for you for being so shallow
After witnessing an idiot neighbour ram into a goat last year and then whinging about the car, have no sympathy at all. If you cannot drive without the knowledge that there are wild creatures around the hills then you deserve to be car less, and one more idiot off the road is good
So sorry about the OP's wallet - not

PapaSquidge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by PapaSquidge »

What a load of old toot from some complete knob heads! The point I was making was two fold...one if that dog had an owner then they were irresponsible, if it was a unowned dog then something needs to be done to cull them. For those of you who think 80 km is fast, park your Zimmer frame, put down your rose coloured specks and do one. But to rectify a point, I was actually driving at 60 in a 65 zone, the 80 was a typo.

As for a soft bodied creature.....what planet are you on and did you ever do physics at school? This dog was like a small donkey, last time I check my anatomy books livestock was made of solid bones covered in flesh...happy for you to inspect my car if you wish have a chat and see if you still think I am a prat.

So small plea, STOP COMMENTING IF YOU HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO ADD.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by rocking »

If people read the original post this person did say he was not worried about the car, but wanted to let anybody know that if they had a large white dog thought was missing, then he was honest to come onto this forum and tell people he had killed the dog. Many people would not have posted had the same thing happened to them. Not sure I would.

PapaSquidge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by PapaSquidge »

Thank you Rocking and the other sensible people who have left useful comments.

In addition I have just driven up the road to upper Karsiyaka and blow me if another dog ran in front of me only it was faster than the last one. And for the rent-a-speed-cops I was driving at 20km. Perhaps I should take up walking instead. Seriously though this was a beautiful wee black terrier and through neglect of an owner is out on the streets...I assume it has an owner as it had a Collor on. Perhaps it should have had a crash helmet.

On he subject of insurance, u cannot insure a car fully comp if it is over 10 years old...not a lot of people know that!

petronemma
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by petronemma »

sorry, but i have read all these comments and to be honest backtracking and saying that 80km was typo and you were really doing 60km is a load of rubbish. if it was in fact a typo as you said, why the need to put in brackets ((no comments about fast driving)) ???

as a poster said above, that could have easily been a child. did you report this incident to the police? it is a requirement here. also, you cannot just blame a dog for running out and say it is the owners fault. there are many pets that have been stolen or vanished recently and my dog is one of them. i have spend numerous hours and appealed for information of her whereabouts as have other dog owners missing their beloved pets on here. don't get me wrong i am not blinkered and there are strays or pets that are just left to roam and it is unfortunate that you have hit a dog, however as a motorist, you have to take responsibility for what is going on around you whilst driving and be prepared for any such events to unfold. driving above the speed limit is reckless, you mentioned you hadn't been drinking, but reading your comments perhaps you had? no dog of any size would cause that amount of damage, you refer to broken lights etc, yet no glass, all that damage and no blood? sorry but something doesn't add up here at all. you mention if anyone wants to come and inspect your car....well my partner used to be a AIRSO accident investigating road safety officer, however for the amount of damage that you have stated it would be difficult for a dog to cause (even if its a massive dog) UNLESS the dog was stationary or was a solid object and you hit it head on at 80km PLUS!

C.S.S.R
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by C.S.S.R »

I don't understand the damage either, I have unfortunately hit a very large dog doing 90km, On the girne Lefoksa road (speed limit is 100) nothing I could do as it ran in front of the car in the dark this was before the lights were put in.
I did stop and yes it was very much Dead, in pieces to exact. and NO damage what so ever to my car not even a scratch.
Are you 100% sure that it was and animal not a barrel or something that had rolled into the road!!??

Becker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Becker »

Well,herself & myself have been reading this post from the start. Quite frankly from original poster until last post appears to be a load of stupid tosh!

happy feet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by happy feet »

With regard to speed

PapaSquidge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by PapaSquidge »

cheers Becker...although judging from the posts above I now don't know if I was drinking or not, cannot distinguish between a dog and a barrel and must be imagining that my car is in a garage getting repaired...perhaps now I shall do a little survey, drive at dusk, hit as many dogs as I can at different speeds and chart the damage to the car...perhaps I could even have the results published but might need the assistance of a ex road safety officer ( you could not make that up) to compile the report.

No more posts please on this subject, I really cannot cope with the utter load of rubbish that comes out of some people rear ends.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”