Pets and gated communities

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kjr1205
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Pets and gated communities

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kjr1205 »

Hi
So sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

I am looking at retiring to north Cyprus from age 55, but I want to know if I buy in a gated community - which nearly all properties seem to be. Can I bring my cats??

I know I can bring them to TRNC but do the gated community allow them. No property information states this info.

Am I totally over thinking this. I am asking now because if the answer is no - I may need to rule TRNC out.

Thanks in advance
Kerry xx

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Pets and gated communities

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Two things Kerry,

1. Many gated community developments allow pets.

2. There are many properties for sale that are not on gated sites.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I fail to see how a gated community could keep cats out! Once in I doubt that anyone would refuse to allow them to stay - remember that Cypriots like cats as well.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

kjr1205
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kjr1205 »

Hi
Thank you for both of your messages.

I so happy with the answer. As you said there are many other properties. If you can recommend or put any links to estate agents I would be so grateful.

Not sure if private message is a thing on here I’ve just joined.

Thanks again xx

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

kjr1205 wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2024 5:25 pm
Hi
Thank you for both of your messages.

I so happy with the answer. As you said there are many other properties. If you can recommend or put any links to estate agents I would be so grateful.

Not sure if private message is a thing on here I’ve just joined.

Thanks again xx
Kerry,

if you give your new Kibkom friends some idea of the type of property you want - flat, semi, free standing villa, number of rooms, bathrooms, own pool, access to communal pool etc. you will find some good information will be forthcoming but really your best bet is to rent first and see where in terms of area suits your purse and needs..

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

https://www.101evler.com. https://www.hangiev.com https://www.busybeesestateagents-cyprus.com.

Try these! My advice would be: Do not buy off plan! Always rent first - six months to a year would be best. Do not forget to research the rules and requirements for residency here!! Buy a car here, go to all regions and look around, your first impressions may not meet your long term requirements so think long and hard.

Take as much advice as you can get but make up your own mind because it is your future and nobody else will know what you want! Please do not base your future life on your cats, I have dogs and they are like my children, so because there are no kennels here that meet my requirements, I have not been away overnight on holiday for the last 17 years - my choice entirely!

You really need to LIVE here before you commit to retirement here, it is not a place for everyone but if it is for you then it can be a great place to live!

Good luck.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

kjr1205
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kjr1205 »

Hi Again,

I 100% will not be buying off plan. I am planning on visiting first then renting - and fingers crossed then buying.

Bringing my cats would be a bonus - and a choice I would like. But wouldn’t stop me moving if I couldn’t.

I have lived in France from 2004 to 2012 so I have experience of living aboard (I understand however this is a totally different country)

Thank you for your replies and all the info you are providing - I do appreciate your time and kindness

X

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”