HELP !!!! problem tenant

Looking to rent a room or flat? Do you have a villa to Let? -Find property lets in North Cyprus, private or by estate agents.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bradleyb1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

HELP !!!! problem tenant

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by bradleyb1 »

I jointly own a house in Lapta currently occupied by a problematic tenant . My wife is now my X and she wants her money .from the sale .......
i have requested in the nicest possible way for the tenant to leave ... tenants lease/ contract ended over a year ago [so currently she has no lease ! ]
she is refusing to leave and of late is not even taking my calls or replying to my txts
Any suggestion/s would Most Gratefully Appreciated ..Thanks i am currently in the UK but need to get over there to deal with this
please email any advice .... [email protected]

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

Re: HELP !!!! problem tenant

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Is she Turkish then you have a problem

bradleyb1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by bradleyb1 »

RUSSIAN actually if you have any useful info or can help,, can you email me please cheers [email protected]

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

If Russian then she will most probably be a temp resident - no lease or rental agreement would mean she can not renew her residency! The police are actively looking for people like that these days - just a thought!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

bradley I'm sure people will e-mail any advice that may be useful as you requested, however any info may also be of use to someone else either now or in the future in the same or similar situation. I've no idea on the laws regarding squatting or evictions, if indeed there are any, but my advice (it sounds like you haven't already) would be to speak to a reputable Lawyer. Personally i can recommend Naomi Mehmet & Partners in Kyrenia, (+90 (0) 533 877 7740. We've used two others previously, one was borderline racist towards UK nationals and the other was no use whatsoever. I do hope you're able to resolve the matter soon though.

bradleyb1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by bradleyb1 »

NO she has got residency by using someone else address [but dodgy i would think ? ] again any advice is very very welcome .

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Not only dodgy but also illegal! The police would be my very first point of call in that case.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

A friend of mine had the same problem. He removed the main fuse, put harmless dye in the water depot, that didnt work so he drilled a load of holes in the water tank, they moved soon after, not saying you should go down that road, just explaining how he did it.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

MnM wrote:
Fri 05 Apr 2024 8:21 am
bradley I'm sure people will e-mail any advice that may be useful as you requested, however any info may also be of use to someone else either now or in the future in the same or similar situation. I've no idea on the laws regarding squatting or evictions, if indeed there are any, but my advice (it sounds like you haven't already) would be to speak to a reputable Lawyer. Personally i can recommend Naomi Mehmet & Partners in Kyrenia, (+90 (0) 533 877 7740. We've used two others previously, one was borderline racist towards UK nationals and the other was no use whatsoever. I do hope you're able to resolve the matter soon though.
This is on her website…

https://www.nmplegal.com/assets/docs/gu ... cy-law.pdf

Also Electric and Water are deemed a basic right in TRNC and denying someone of this could cause more serious problems.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

A bit confused by this - how could she use somebody else’s address to get residency? You can get residency if A) You own a property - proof of ownership (In your name) required. or B) You are classed as a high earner - Rental/Lease agreement in your name plus income requirement! The only other way is by Family Residency and without a certificate of marriage/partnership that would not work!

Additionally, all applications for residency or renewal of same require a Muhtar letter which confirms the applicants residence address.

A police/immigration check on the address would blow this out of the water I feel. Why waste the money on a solicitor in the first instance when both the Police and Immigration are already paid to check these things?

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Yes just threaten to grass her up..if she doesn't leave follow through with it they are actively chucking people out....I wouldn't enlist a lawyer it's too expensive and time consuming ...an option is to offer some money to leave ..

However you say the lease ended a year ago ? I dont know your position but you want to ensure you have been paying rental tax etc before shouting to the authorities ....

If the electric is in Your name ..often it is ..and she has no lease you can just close it . Id consider that option the chances of her taking legal action or small imo. Different if she is Turkish or Tc but she is a guest in this country ...

You can cut the wAter to and tenants need an up to date tenancy agreement to connect for both utilities .

You. Can always claim.thst it was in the original.agreement it was the tenants responsibilities for the utilities and you didn't want that liability in your name any more .

Return to “PROPERTY RENTALS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”