Altin Inci Restaurant Lapta

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Kazzy2437
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Altin Inci Restaurant Lapta

•   Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Kazzy2437 »

Had a fabulous meal in this new restaurant in Lapta village.
In a beautiful setting, service excellent and the food was brilliant....and a little different from the norm.
Reasonably priced....a little gem and well worth a try.

Heaven
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Altin Inci Restaurant Lapta

•   Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Heaven »

Hi, where is this restaurant in Lapta village and what type of food is served?

Kazzy2437
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Kazzy2437 »

If you head towards the Belideysi in Lapta.....through the underpass thingy and round the bend and the restaurant is on your right.

The menu was quite extensive with choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There were some really unusual dishes that I haven’t seen anywhere else....I had chicken with walnuts ( chicken pieces with mushrooms and walnuts in a creamy sauce with Parmesan cheese) served in a lavash bread with vegetables and potatoes.....gorgeous! Hubby had Mongolian beef served in a sizzling dish....that was fab too....there was at least another half a dozen dishes I will be going back to try.

So something a bit different from the usual kebabs and more kebabs!

Lovely dips and bread to start....and a cake for afters included....service, presentation, quality first class

Agobard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Agobard »

I agree on the food and service in this new restaurant. Lovely to have a complete change of menu and absolutely no kebabs!

Heaven
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Heaven »

Because of the recommendations, we went to look today to see menu etc re booking for 6 people. The restaurant has a very steep staircase to reach, so not good for those with stair difficulties. The place looks lovely and the menu is so different. The choice is very good and we would have loved to book until we came to the drinks menu! Now we are not huge drinkers out but we do like a bottle of wine, our favourite is Lal. This was 190TL and was one of the cheapest. Most bottles of wine were 2 - 300 TL. Very good real Turkish food menu but Turkish mainland prices for wine. Alas we will not be trying it as we can get good food elsewhere and wine a lot cheaper. However I wish them every success. Maybe they need to review their bar prices to receive more people to their restaurant.

Marc111
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Marc111 »

We had a really nice meal here about 1 month ago and ordered a bottle of Saravin Sauvignon bland which came in at 290tl a bottle.
At the time I was a bit taken aback but as I was with company I accepted it without making a fuss.
On reflection the next day and after speaking to a number of different people about it,I thought they must have made a mistake.
I contacted the restaurant about the issue of the wine prices and received a nice response from the owner saying that they where reviewing there bar prices and offering me a discount on our next visit.
Seems the bar prices haven’t changed yet and nothing has been changed. A real shame as at these prices for a meal including a nice glass of wine is excessive and doesn’t bode well for a return visit unfortunately.

caz11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Post by caz11 »

Must agree about bar prices, Vodka and coke 35tl and 20tl for beer.Would like to go again but not at those prices. Food was very good and different.

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

They say that the drinks prices have been changed, I need to go and see

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Still expensive as at 4th December. Food was nice but my friend's calamari was very dry and yes she did let them know. 25TL for a glass of house wine (Doluca) and the cheapest bottle was 190TL.

Agobard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Agobard »

Had lunch there yesterday with friends and spoke to one of the owners about the wine prices (and the fact that there is no choice apart from Turkish). They are waiting for new menus to be printed but told us that they had reduced their drink prices by approx 40% They certainly charged us much reduced prices. Very much like the food there Great range of dishes most of which are certainly not available elsewhere.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Agobard wrote:Had lunch there yesterday with friends and spoke to one of the owners about the wine prices (and the fact that there is no choice apart from Turkish). They are waiting for new menus to be printed but told us that they had reduced their drink prices by approx 40% They certainly charged us much reduced prices. Very much like the food there Great range of dishes most of which are certainly not available elsewhere.
Good to know thank you.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Shame about the wines prices, anyone told them where Wines of the World is????
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Has anyone got a phone number for this restaurant please.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

On their website on the bottom of page. https://altn-inci-restaurant.business.s ... m=referral

Someone has posted on Facebook on another forum

Mobile:
05338878937(English)
05338643560 (Greek)
05338295260 / 05428765092 (Turkish)

Facebook / Instagram:
@altinincirestaurant
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

On their website there is also a link to
0533 864 35 60

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Thanks everyone I googled it myself and found the number and facebook page. Technology wise I'm still in 1963 unfortunately.

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

Went this week, really enjoyed as above some totally different dishes. They also do a kelitico different from the normal way, salt-baked fish which need pre-ordering. The staff are great and attentive. They have a promotion this month and we got 15% off food and drink. Definitely going back again, sure the views in the summer will be fabulous.

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”