Stone Castle near Esentepe

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

lasagne33
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Stone Castle near Esentepe

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by lasagne33 »

Hi all and seasons greetings

Just thought I would share our experience at the Stone Castle last night which now has new management.

We had previously gone there in the summer and had a very poor experience, vowing never to return. However, last night three of us had a perfectly respectable meal. I would rate it somewhere between good and very good. The service was excellent and very attentive. One desert was a flopped soufflé. I didn’t need to raise the issue as the waiter was all over it. He offered a replacement, that was not accepted. No reduction in the bill was requested but when the bill came he had already removed said soufflé.

Overall, I share this just in case others have had poor experiences in the past and are a little wary of going back, give it a whirl. It’s not fine dining but it was pretty good, I will go back. The price was very reasonable too.

Best regards

Lasagne

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Stone Castle near Esentepe

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

I believe this is where Cengiz moved to from Waterfall, I knew him at Stevie's & I don't believe you can get better service or food.

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

Cengiz moved his whole establishment from Waterfall to Stone Castle in September I believe.

We went there a month ago and the food was very good. My only problem was with the head waiter who seemed to think that being stiff, unsmiling and unfriendly was appropriate for a mid-calibre restaurant. There is nothing wrong with smiling, friendly but respectful waiting staff at any level of the restaurant business. There was a very pleasant young girl from the north of England who was also on the waiting staff who apparently spoke good Turkish and who obviously was expected follow the stance of the head waiter and another young male waiter standing stiffly in a seniority line. After chatting to her she broke out into a lovely smile and was very friendly. Such a pity that they should believe that appearing austere was the measure of a good restaurant. If they go along the road to The Almond Tree, they will get my point.

But do not let that put you off from going there. As I said, the food was very good.

lasagne33
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by lasagne33 »

Hi

I know exactly who you mean but in our case he was the opposite...weird lol.

Kind regards

Lasagne

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

Perhaps he was having a bad day when I visited or perhaps the comments I made at the time worked!

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”