Deleting something of my mobile

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Deleting something of my mobile

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Someone "very kindly" sent me a HUGE petition to sign, which is pages and pages long. As a result my phone is saying I only have 5% space left and I need to delete it PDQ. However I can't find anyway of getting rid of the petition and don't want to sign in any case!!!! Help needed on that one. One further query. I have had friends from abroad sending me loads and loads of photos via WhatsApp and they must be taking up masses of space as well. How can I delete some pics but not all.? Thanks

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Deleting something of my mobile

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

If the petition is attached to the email you could just delete the email.
If you did download it then look in "downloads" and delete it.
Which phone do you have?

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

By default, photos and videos you receive in WhatsApp will automatically be saved in your phone's Photos app.
Try going into Photos or Gallery and delete them one by one.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Re WhatsApp if you click on the persons name at the top of the message it will go to like a home page on them.

About third category down you'll see media links and docs with a number which will refer to the amount of photos etc they have sent you and more importantly ones you have sent them. For example someone sends you a funny picture and you forward it to ten people you now have that picture times eleven.

Click on it and you will see all the photos so click select at top and go through and delete them.

Re the survey you'll need to say whether it came by email etc to assist more detailed help.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thanks very much, I'll try both.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Well I got rid of the HUGE petition, but even that sadly made no difference regarding space left on my HUAWEI (I love it and think its the most user friendly phone I've ever had). So I started on going through videos I'd sent and received via WhatsApp and feel quite sad because the whale watching ones and the Elephant Sanctuary, plus the round trip of Australia were amazing. The warning about lack of space has gone now though!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

You could always email stuff to yourself, and keep it on your computer, you know!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

sophie wrote:Well I got rid of the HUGE petition, but even that sadly made no difference regarding space left on my HUAWEI (I love it and think its the most user friendly phone I've ever had). So I started on going through videos I'd sent and received via WhatsApp and feel quite sad because the whale watching ones and the Elephant Sanctuary, plus the round trip of Australia were amazing. The warning about lack of space has gone now though!
If you took a video on your phone that that is one place it is stored. If you then send it to 5 people via whatsapp thats another five places it is stored so you can save a lot of space deleting the flles on WhatsApp without losing all copies of the file.
Likewise if someone sends you a video, thats one and when you forward it to five people thats another five so delete those but save the original.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

What I did was to contact family who sent whales and other huge animals they had seen on their hols and asked them to email to me, which they did and then I deleted from mobile. I must admit KC I had forgotten about emailing to myself, but never mind, they were saved in the end. Thanks guys.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

What I did was to contact family who sent whales and other huge animals they had seen on their hols and asked them to email to me, which they did and then I deleted from mobile. I must admit KC I had forgotten about emailing to myself, but never mind, they were saved in the end. Thanks guys.

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”