Kibcom Forum on my Wuawei Phone

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Kibcom Forum on my Wuawei Phone

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I love my phone and never had a moment problem until yesterday. Yesterday I downloaded this forum via the browser, to read a thread I was following. Have never done it before.. Unfortunately I can't seem to get rid of it and it has completely mucked up just about everything on the phone, other that using as a basic phone. It is sluggish to say the least, messaging only works when it feels like it. If I do manage to type more than 6 words I'm lucky and then when I press the Send icon, the who message just deletes itself. If it helps, I have to say that the space where I type messages (either WhatsApp or ordinary messages) there is now a Google Icon, which has never been there before. Really would appreciate some help asap. Thanks

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Kibcom Forum on my Wuawei Phone

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hi, I haven't come across this problem before, but if no one has any better ideas, you could try the following: -

Restart the phone by pressing and holding the power (on/off) button until the options screen pops up - choose 'Restart' & then 'OK'.

When the 'phone has restarted, see if it now works normally.

If it doesn't, get back to me, and we'll try something else

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Will do K. Kibcom is appearing in HUGE print and its as if its draining all the other aspects completely dry, The back of the phone is red hot as well!!!!! Im pretty sure its got to be something to do with using the phone and the browser to get information.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Hi, did as you say and I don't get an Options screen, just asks for the "pattern" to open up and then a screen filled with icons ect, none of which, say Options. The battery has gone from 100% to 46% in just over half an hour, probably because Kibcom is so huge.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Do you mean you downloaded and installed the kibkom android app ? If so then uninstalling the app may be the answer. How to unistall it depends on various things and there are more than one way to do so. You need to find phone settings and then the 'app' section of the phone settings and from here you should be able to find and remove (uninstall) the kibkom app (if you have installed it).

Keiths suggestion, which is a good one to try is to reboot the phone. First 'unlock' the phone by entering the 'pattern' and then press and hold the power button for a bit until the option to 'restart' appears.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thanks guys, I'm sure either or both your suggestions would work perfectly, However I mentioned my problem to two teenagers yesterday. Let's have a look, they said. My reply being "if you muck my phone up, I'll warn the police you are illegal aliens" Less than 10 minutes later, they handed the phone back, problem solved, also clearing 2 or 3 other little niggles I had. The girl in particular was amazing plus she was in awe when I told her I had my first mobile 25 years ago. The boy was somewhat cheeky "well, if you've had phones that long, you shouldn't make mistakes!!! I told him, as I was old enough to be his grandmother, then a little respect wouldn't come amiss. Thanks again for you suggestions though.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

sophie wrote:...she was in awe when I told her I had my first mobile 25 years ago...
I bet that you didn't tell her about the little trolley that you had to lug about with the car battery on it!

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”