Turkish mobile

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

tylerbabe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkish mobile

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by tylerbabe »

Hi guys coming over in July can I use my turkish mobile (turkcell) I have a internet package on it Thanks

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkish mobile

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

tylerbabe wrote:Hi guys coming over in July can I use my turkish mobile (turkcell) I have a internet package on it Thanks
Yes you can.

tylerbabe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by tylerbabe »

Groucho wrote:
tylerbabe wrote:Hi guys coming over in July can I use my turkish mobile (turkcell) I have a internet package on it Thanks
Yes you can.

Thanks Groucho

tylerbabe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by tylerbabe »

tylerbabe wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Yes you can.

Thanks Groucho
Hi Groucho just tried to text a mobile over there and didn,t work would I need to buy a sim there ta

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

tylerbabe wrote:Hi Groucho just tried to text a mobile over there and didn,t work would I need to buy a sim there ta
Well we were able to do the reverse... when in Turkey our TRNC Turkcell mobiles worked seamlessly so I'm sure it ought to work... however - you do know that SMS/Instant messaging with mobiles is not real-time - i.e. the message you send only gets delivered when the messaging centre (a mechanism used to store and send out SMS when there is sufficient network latency) manages to contact the receiving mobile... so it can look instant in ideal conditions but is not really instant in the true sense. Did you use the full TRNC mobile number including 0090?

Why not go into a Turkcell agent in Turkey and query - also do you have roaming on or off? This will be relevant when you are here...

tylerbabe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by tylerbabe »

Groucho wrote:
tylerbabe wrote:Hi Groucho just tried to text a mobile over there and didn,t work would I need to buy a sim there ta
Well we were able to do the reverse... when in Turkey our TRNC Turkcell mobiles worked seamlessly so I'm sure it ought to work... however - you do know that SMS/Instant messaging with mobiles is not real-time - i.e. the message you send only gets delivered when the messaging centre (a mechanism used to store and send out SMS when there is sufficient network latency) manages to contact the receiving mobile... so it can look instant in ideal conditions but is not really instant in the true sense. Did you use the full TRNC mobile number including 0090?

Why not go into a Turkcell agent in Turkey and query - also do you have roaming on or off? This will be relevant when you are here...
Tried it with 0090 will go into a turkcell shop and ask Thanks

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

I can use my Turkish mobile in TRNC with no problems at all, have been for the past few months. Don't even have to add extra dialling code, but does cost a bit more,

Sharon

tylerbabe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by tylerbabe »

war horse wrote:I can use my Turkish mobile in TRNC with no problems at all, have been for the past few months. Don't even have to add extra dialling code, but does cost a bit more,

Sharon
Hi Sharon I have an internet package on so many free calls text messages and internet not sure if will work there

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”