Insurance for Residency - Azant Insurance Agency

Discussions on residency for everyone residing or visiting North Cyprus. What the new immigration regulations, implemented 23rd Oct 2019, require and how to proceed with formalities. Information about entering North Cyprus, Border Crossing Procedures, Visas, Vehicle Insurance & Tax and Medical requirements for foreign residents.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Insurance for Residency - Azant Insurance Agency

Postby AzantServices » Mon 02 Dec 2019 5:18 pm

Dear All,

Over the past few days many customers have been asking about Health Insurance products, specifically for Residency purposes.

Apparently when you go for residency, they are now asking if you have a form of Health Insurance.

We have been informed that they will accept Emergency Health and/or Personal Accident which we offer from Zirve.

We have aslo talked with Zirve and we have been told that for those seeking 2 or 3 years residency then we can offer 2 or 3 policies to cover the period required.

The Emergency Health product is available for everyone up to the age of 69 and there are different price and cover options ranging from 250 TL to 880 TL depending on age and level of cover required.

The other cover that is acceptable is Personal Accident cover. This offers cover up to 89 years of age. This product is 650 TL for the year.

For more information and details please email us on [email protected] or call us on 0533 833 0841 or on 0533 829 3231.

Many Thanks,

Anthony.
Azant Insurance Agency
AzantServices
Business contributing to forum

Re: Insurance for Residency - Azant Insurance Agency

Postby Bogaz58 » Mon 02 Dec 2019 6:22 pm

That's interesting news however, will it be accepted by the authorities as appropriate cover or will they still insist on their insurance?
We currently have emergency insurance, nothing has been clearly stated by government, appears to change daily???
Bogaz58
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby AzantServices » Tue 03 Dec 2019 7:35 am

Hi there,

Thanks for the question, Zirve Insurance did go to the govt department and explained both policies to them and they said they would accept them. A few customers have also confirmed they got residency last week using the emergency health product as their Insurance.

Many Thanks,

Anthony.
Azant Insurance Agency
[email protected]
0533 833 0841
AzantServices

Postby Chriswright03 » Tue 03 Dec 2019 7:58 am

Anthony we purchased cover from you about a month ago. That means we will be short of almost two months cover when we go to Lefkosa to finalise our residency. I am guessing as it says it has to cover the period of your residency they may well say ours is invalid. So will we be able to extend our present cover before we go to cover the extra period?
Chriswright03
Ambitious
Ambitious

Postby lasagne33 » Tue 03 Dec 2019 9:37 am

Anthony

We are in the da boat as the person above but our residency isn’t due until July.

Will we be able to extend to coincide with our residency each year?

Kind regards

Lasagne
lasagne33
Flash Alec
Flash Alec

Postby sophie » Tue 03 Dec 2019 11:20 am

I was given to understand that the new Government Insurance would only cover Ambulance and/or dire emergency cover in State A and E provided you do not become an in patient. Can anyone confirm?
sophie
True Kibkomer
True Kibkomer

Postby jayceebee » Tue 03 Dec 2019 11:27 am

Chriswright03 wrote:Anthony we purchased cover from you about a month ago. That means we will be short of almost two months cover when we go to Lefkosa to finalise our residency. I am guessing as it says it has to cover the period of your residency they may well say ours is invalid. So will we be able to extend our present cover before we go to cover the extra period?

Yes. That applies to us also.
jayceebee
Ambitious
Ambitious

Postby Bogaz58 » Tue 03 Dec 2019 11:32 am

Thanks for the answer to my question Anthony, time will tell if they change their minds again.
Bogaz58
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby AzantServices » Tue 03 Dec 2019 5:15 pm

Hi all, thanks again for the questions. One of our customers who got her residency last week has had her policy from June this year and its due to expire in June 20 so it appears that they are not checking that it has to be a full year from the date of residency.

For those who are wishing to apply for more than a years residency then we are able to issue future years policies also.

If you have anything specific please email on [email protected]

Many Thanks,

Anthony

0533 833 0841
AzantServices

Postby Chriswright03 » Wed 04 Dec 2019 6:50 am

Thanks for the reply Anthony. Will see what happens next week then.
Chriswright03
Ambitious
Ambitious

Postby Chriswright03 » Wed 04 Dec 2019 3:05 pm

Just a thought and no I don't expect Anthony to know so in case anyone else knows for fact. Do you have to have your private insurance stamped by the Health Ministry?
Chriswright03
Ambitious
Ambitious

Postby steve8290 » Wed 04 Dec 2019 3:34 pm

We opted for the private insurance route as it documented everything that was included and was around 70 TL more than the state insurance.
On the morning that we visited Lefkosia we went to the Zirve Sigorta insurance office first to collect our insurance documents and then to immigration.
No need to have the documents stamped by the Ministry of Health. All immigration needed was a photocopy of the front page with our details on.
steve8290
Quick Fingers
Quick Fingers

Postby Chriswright03 » Wed 04 Dec 2019 5:00 pm

Thanks for that Steve. Save me having to jump through an extra hoop.
Chriswright03
Ambitious
Ambitious

Postby AzantServices » Sat 07 Dec 2019 9:30 am

Dear All, It certainly seems that there are no issues in accepting this Insurance for residency purposes as again this week, we have had a number of customers get their residency by showing this insurance even if it was purcahsed a few months ago.

Just show your policy when requested and it is being accepted.

If you need any further info please dont hesitate to contact me on [email protected] or call me on 0533 833 0841.

Many Thanks,

Anthony.
AzantServices

Postby PoshinDevon » Sat 07 Dec 2019 12:24 pm

AzantServices wrote:Dear All, It certainly seems that there are no issues in accepting this Insurance for residency purposes as again this week, we have had a number of customers get their residency by showing this insurance even if it was purcahsed a few months ago.

Just show your policy when requested and it is being accepted.

If you need any further info please dont hesitate to contact me on [email protected] or call me on 0533 833 0841.

Many Thanks,

Anthony.

Thanks for the information.

So customers are getting residency by showing this insurance cover, even if it might have been purchased a few months earlier. What would be useful to know is did they apply for 1 or 2 years residency? Seems strange to grant say 1 or 2 years if you only have a policy valid for 9 months.

Anthony....would it be possible for you to pm or email me details of the insurance that is provided. If you need any information from me just ask when you make contact.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh
PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Postby waddo » Sat 07 Dec 2019 2:09 pm

steve8290, I read your post with interest. You say you have insurance that is only 70TL more than the State offering of 340TL per year. Can I ask if you are over or under 70 please as the private insurance I hold is 650TL per year and covers very little really. I would be more than happy to pay 410TL for health insurance that gave me cover than the 340TL for the State but sadly at 72 I don't think that will happen - lol.
A sergeant in motion outranks a lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
waddo
True Kibkomer
True Kibkomer

Return to RESIDENCY & VISITORS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum