General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Lezana
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

'No' MOT document for the South at Metehan

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Lezana »

Just returned from Metehan having been refused the document for the car MOT to get insurance in the South. Basically, all car papers are in order - but the car is in my Wife's name and she is from Belarus. They refused to issue the document because the car was hers, despite her being there etc. Seems they now will only give the document based on the nationality of the person who owns the car.. totally ridiculous.. I asked when this came into effect - he simply just shrugged and said 'oh last year' .. despite us having the same document last year which only expired recently. So to ever take our car South again - we have to transfer ownership to my name as It's ok to have British owner (but clearly the car becomes unsafe or un-insurable if it belongs to a Belarussian!! The same guy also gave the Turkish Cypriot in front of me a hard time because of his national driving license - maybe i caught the guy on a bad day??

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: 'No' MOT document for the South at Metehan

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

do they have good days! I came back from the uk and was given a 30 day pass despite the fact that I'm married to a TC and as the police in Nicosia said, they shouldn't have stamped my passport - now I've had to get an exemption certificate - do any of them know what they are doing, no I don't think so

Ozankoy Best Butcher
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Ozankoy Best Butcher »

That`s really interesting. Short version of my experience today - got my MoT doc this morning (car just in my name), went to the insurance desk with that and mine and Yusuf`s driving licences and was told I didn`t need the MoT doc because I`m a European but I`d need one in Yusuf`s name if I wanted his name on the insurance as well. Went back to the MoT desk wearing my best smile and they gave me an MoT doc in Yusuf`s name (car only in my name). Insurance office lady was surprised they`d given it to me but then processed the insurance in both our names.

Karen
Ozankoy Best Butchers, Yusuf Zorlukasap at 16 Muhtarlik Sok, Ozankoy, Girne.
Tel. 0533 870 3974, 815 6806, Facebook @OzankoyButchers

English and Cypriot cuts, sausages and sliced deli meats.

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

Renewed ours yesterday. No problem. All done in 2 minutes

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

helendj wrote:do they have good days! I came back from the uk and was given a 30 day pass despite the fact that I'm married to a TC and as the police in Nicosia said, they shouldn't have stamped my passport - now I've had to get an exemption certificate - do any of them know what they are doing, no I don't think so
Two entirely different things and two entirely different staff from different countries. The OP is talking about problems with the staff on the South side who have no control whatsoever over how many days you are given when you enter the North. Why confuse the issue?

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

I am guessing I know which police officer this is. I suspect he is the charmless older policeman who enjoys being a jobs worth. Seen him in action several times!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”