General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Residence Permits and Visas Regulation

•   Message 1 of 182 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Warnings! On-Line translators are not 100% accurate! Do not "Cherry Pick" items you have translated, the whole document must be considered! You may not find anything you are looking for! Searching and then translating the items on this website is time consuming and can be confusing!

As is my wont, I regularly search this website (http://www.mahkemeler.net/cgi-bin/default.aspx) for information that can be both useful or just plain interesting. Recently, due to concerns over new residency rules/laws that have not yet been made plain to all, I began another search and finally found "Public Instrument Number 561-2019 (http://www.mahkemeler.net/cgi-bin/showt ... ter=%C4%B0) which comes into effect 90 days after being published in the Gazette". It is titled: "CHAPTER 105, Article 20 of the Law on Foreigners and Immigration" and as far as I can see - using many different Turkish to English translation packages - details, in part, the new rules/laws which will come into effect on the 23rd of October. Interestingly the date of the document is 25th of July 2019, assuming it was published in the gazette within a couple of days after that, would make it 90 days on the 23rd of October.

I can not answer questions on what it contains, but if you have an interest in the affairs/laws of the TRNC and how they "May" affect you then you may be interested in having a look at it.

Remember that all things are subject to change and this document may already have been changed but not yet been placed on this site! Exercise extreme caution unless you have an excellent grasp of written Turkish - I do not - but the website itself is handy for many things and may prove useful to people. Have fun but BE CAREFUL!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

tylerbabe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residence Permits and Visas Regulation

•   Message 2 of 182 in Discussion

Post by tylerbabe »

Can I ask when the new rules for the over 60,s residence permits come out hopefully tomorrow if you have not done it for a couple of weeks can you still cross over the South please.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 182 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Carrying on from the post someone put on a few days ago, which people highjacked so it got locked, but which I found interesting and very useful, hubby and I went to immigration today, to renew our residency, which had lapsed 18 months ago. We had continued to pay our dues even after we were both 60, but last year decided not to renew it. However, becoming a tad concerned about the lack of clarity around any new requirements we thought we would go and see if we could just renew using the 'old' rules. So, armed with Muhtars letter, copy of Kocan, copies of passports plus our old residency stamp, pink book, and bank statements, we went to try our luck. Well, have to say it was something of a nightmare. We arrived around 10.00 am, number 44 was being dealt with, we were 105 and 106. So, we sat and sat and sat, the numbers were going down very slowly and seemed to come to a virtual halt around 11.00 ish. Then, of course lunch 12.15 to 1.15, no movement of the numbers til around 1.45. Starting to get a little concerned by now as we were way down the line from the 84 it currently stood at. But, we still sat and sat and sat...… Went to check what time the office shuts, notice on the door says 3.15, by now it was 2.30 and still no real movement. By 3.00, suddenly the numbers started flashing up and we got to the low ninety's. But, obvious concern from us and others who had waited a long time and were further away from being dealt with than we were. One poor lady was at 174.... well, we said, no chance of being dealt with. Come 3.00 people were leaving the waiting room and going into the actual application office, knowing it was shortly going to be shut. At that point suddenly the desks (there were only 3 open out of 8) sprang into action and they started flashing up the numbers really quickly, obviously aware that a lot of people had given up and left. Thank goodness we persevered, as we got to our numbers. Got dealt with by a very nice young lady, who did everything very quickly, gave us the form to take to pay office and told us to run as they were also about to shut. So, run we did, but she forgot to give us our passports so the stamp could be put in..... went to run back up..... after being locked in the pay office as it was now shut..... and met her running down with the passports......phew!! So in the absolute nick of time, got our two years' residency without the need for medicals, blood tests, or whatever, no questions asked about the fact our temp res lapsed in 2018, we are now done til October 2021...…. Thanked the very helpful young lady but no one else was dealt with after us, they have to go back tomorrow..... and the moral, I guess is, get there early 8.00 am probably, that is if you can fight your way through the rush hour traffic. So, we are legal for two years.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 182 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Having said I could not answer questions, tylerbabe has asked the single one that I can. Ask I understand it the new rules come into effect tomorrow the 23rd of October and having gone to Dhekelia yesterday for what I suspect will be my last set of fish and chips and to make sure my resting place to be was still there, it was no problem crossing or coming back at all - just a normal day on both sides!

We also are both over 60, one of us by some many years, and have continued to contribute to the TRNC coffers every since we came here and I am glad to see that mrsgee and partner made it through as possibly the last expat ever under the old rules - we have temp res till Sept next year, so far, but wonder still - why we have to now register under the old rules come tomorrow, if that is still what is supposed to happen?

A "funny I read about Brext - where is Guy Fawkes when you need him?" comes to mind - where is the BRS?

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Waddo,
Why on earth do you think you need to register tomorrow. You have a permit until September next year.
In any case from what I have read everyone will have twelve months to register.
When September comes next year adopt the rule that applies at that time.

My two year residency ends at a similar time to yours and I won’t be doing anything until just before it expires as I usually do.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Hopefully this will explain a bit more and looks like the BRS are involved....http://www.t-vine.com/north-cyprus-pm-l ... nto-force/
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 7 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Dalartokat wrote:Hopefully this will explain a bit more and looks like the BRS are involved....http://www.t-vine.com/north-cyprus-pm-l ... nto-force/
I think this just advises that whilst the date of the 23rd October has been mentioned as the start date for the new regulations, at present things are not clear and are subject to change. Something that many of us have posted often.

Personally we will just wait out until things are clearer. There are some interesting points and concerns in the article which do need to be resolved if the new system is to work efficiently.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 182 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Posh, it is not that I am a suspicious person, having survived 25 years in the military I have simply become cautious! Caution makes me wonder why, if these rules, amended or not, come into force tomorrow, as they have been published on the web site (see my original post) and that persons have one year following to "register", then do you think that people who are currently holding temp residency now still need to "register" or are they already registered?

Who would know? Personally I am glad to see TRNC attempting to bring its immigration polices into line with other Nations but it seems that tomorrow will bring into force the Beta version and I feel we should wait for Residency V1.01

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 182 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

Have to agree with Mrsgee, the immigration office is a nightmare and complete joke. How they expect to cope with all the extra people who will now have to go through this process, when they can't cope now, I don't know. We were also there today and had no. 148, at 3pm (they shut at 3-15) they were still only on no.92, which had been on the board for at least 15-20 minutes, so we gave up and left. I am sure there were people going in and being seen without tickets. By the way, lunch time was meant to finish at 1-15 and it was gone 1-30 when they actually started working. Why give out numbers when there is no possibility of dealing with the numbers?
We were also promised by the head of the BRS that all the new rules would be published in English before 23rd October. (Not I might add by replying to my email, which I've never even had an acknowledgement from them.
So I have a question, if I cross the border again before my 30 days they gave me runs out, will I get another 30 days? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 10 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

waddo wrote:Posh, it is not that I am a suspicious person, having survived 25 years in the military I have simply become cautious! Caution makes me wonder why, if these rules, amended or not, come into force tomorrow, as they have been published on the web site (see my original post) and that persons have one year following to "register", then do you think that people who are currently holding temp residency now still need to "register" or are they already registered?

Who would know? Personally I am glad to see TRNC attempting to bring its immigration polices into line with other Nations but it seems that tomorrow will bring into force the Beta version and I feel we should wait for Residency V1.01
I to am ex military and agree with your post. I will wait until things are much clearer before I attempt to sort residency. At the moment it’s all subject to interpretation. That could be by the officials along the residency route as well as us ex pats, residents, swallows or whatever.

As I posted before “Yavas, yavas”
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Teatime,
Whether you get another thirty days or possibly more is impossible to say.
Is this thirty days your first thirty days or have you had recent previous thirty day stamps.
Under the old rules ninety days is/was normal, so if this is your first thirty days I would think you may be given a further
thirty or sixty days to make a total of ninety.

I never go south so I don’t know whether they stamp your passport or not.
If they do stamp your passport it might be worth going south and coming back to see what they stamp in your passport.

As I pointed out a few days ago don’t stay beyond that thirty day stamp.

I know you went to immigration but weren’t seen, but I think you should have sought advice while at immigration even if they were not prepared to go through your paperwork due to time constraints.

However if new rules come in before your thirty days are up you will need to adopt those new rules. Just make sure that the new rules you adopt override the thirty day stamp you have at the moment and that you have something to prove you have adopted the new rules.

I know all this sounds complicated but you have about three weeks left on your stamp so don’t panic.
I hope you get it sorted but there will be other people in the same situation.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 182 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

ALL crossings via Metehan (in and out) -
2011 - first ever visit, staying with TC friends
2012 -2014 - once yearly, rented accomodation
2015 - first visit rented accomodation, second visit newly bought apartment
2016 - current - twice yearly visit to own apartment
Used to be "white form" stamped, NO period of stay specified; subsequently no form.
Self and wife both now 70+, son 40+ - NONE of us have ever had passports "stamped" or any other document or notification of period permitted....

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 182 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Oh and one further point, which has been brought up quite often...… we did witness a young woman, not British but spoke English. She was applying for a visa, produced her bank statements, which apparently showed a balance of 10,000 euros..... she was told that was no good and she needed 10,000 sterling..... not seen it anywhere set in stone before, but, that is what we saw and heard. So there you have it...…. sort of...

tylerbabe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 182 in Discussion

Post by tylerbabe »

Mr Chinnery wrote:Waddo,
Why on earth do you think you need to register tomorrow. You have a permit until September next year.
In any case from what I have read everyone will have twelve months to register.
When September comes next year adopt the rule that applies at that time.

My two year residency ends at a similar time to yours and I won’t be doing anything until just before it expires as I usually do.
Hi Waddo the question I was asking was we have never had a residence permit as over 60. If we did not do it for a while as you have a year if we drive down South on the return journey coming back will they stamp our passport 30/90 days as we live here ta

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I think the quick answer to that is who knows? As it stands it would seem even the Prime Minister doesn't know and is trying to find out. We are going South tomorrow so will no doubt see.

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 182 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

I think it will depend on what policeman you get on passport control, a pea brained idiot like I did or a sensible one.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I agree but I jut thought I would check our passports as we flew into Ercan on the 26th of last month after visiting Cappadocia. I see we have 90 days stamped on our passport. So when the on line system starts at the beginning of November (yeah right) we will apply for residency.

cranfield
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 182 in Discussion

Post by cranfield »

What a load of whimps you lot are !

I arrived in the good old TRNC 3 months ago - Got a 90 day entry stamp - 2 months into a new 10y UK passport .....

As far as visas go - i'm doing NOTHING - Feck all, nowt - i'm over 60 - so i don't need a visa .....

That will do me...

I've learnt during my brief time on the forum, the place is packed with know it all's that in reality know the square root of fruck all.....

And sadly its almost impossible to sort the wheat out from the chaff as far as decent advice goes.....So, ....i'll just muster along and draw my own conclusions - so far, so good...

Three months in:

The highs - Indian and a natter round the bar at the Courtyard, Not bumping into Sophie, Indian at Happy Valley, beers at the Fez....

The Lows - More expensive than i expected - But i refuse to go over to the "Darkside", some dreadful live music, getting cold - Thank God i packed my 15T quilt and electric blanket..

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Cranfield,
Just curious, have you retained a place in the UK?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Also unless I am mistaken everything is dearer on the darkside anyway.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 182 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Chriswright03 wrote:Also unless I am mistaken everything is dearer on the darkside anyway.
O2 is the same cost, either side of the Green Line crossing points, as is the cost of sunning/swimming in the sea.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

OK so not everything then.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 182 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Tamam, so why intentionally and unfairly darken the RoC?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Not sure if that is aimed at me Tomsteel but I have not intentionally tried to darken the ROC be it unfairly or not. All I can say is from my short experience of going over there to shop I find it is no cheaper. I actually like both sides of the Island and have stayed in both over the years. If I did make a mistake it was my use of the word 'everything' and for that I apologise.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 182 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Things (more choice of products/manufacturer) are a bit dearer on the South side but then - what price a McDonalds Breakfast when you can't get one this side! Ok, so I like McDonalds Breakfast, not everyone does but I do every now and then. However, when I am required to have a visa to get there and of course an IDP should I wish to drive there as well as the insurance for the vehicle and the cost of the fuel - I may just stick with a fond memory and never darken their doors again - lol. I think the biggest loss will be the PO Box, it provides cheaper postage from the UK to here, an almost guaranteed way of getting things through the mail in a short space of time and it is reliable as well, the North could learn from it but then the North has to have all its mail subject to Mainland Turkey sorting/taxes etc so there is little they can do - till it gets here that is. I will miss the fish & Chips at Dhekelia and the best curry in the world from Pissouri but there are many things I won't miss and it was my choice to live this side many years ago, warts and all.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 26 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

waddo, you will probably still be able to walk across to your PO Box, so unless you're buying a new gearbox or something, you should be able to carry it back up Ledra Street! - Even if it means taking turns with the old 'Trouble and Strife'!

jardap
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 182 in Discussion

Post by jardap »

mrsgee wrote:Carrying on from the post someone put on a few days ago, which people highjacked so it got locked, but which I found interesting and very useful, hubby and I went to immigration today, to renew our residency, which had lapsed 18 months ago. We had continued to pay our dues even after we were both 60, but last year decided not to renew it. However, becoming a tad concerned about the lack of clarity around any new requirements we thought we would go and see if we could just renew using the 'old' rules. So, armed with Muhtars letter, copy of Kocan, copies of passports plus our old residency stamp, pink book, and bank statements, we went to try our luck. Well, have to say it was something of a nightmare. We arrived around 10.00 am, number 44 was being dealt with, we were 105 and 106. So, we sat and sat and sat, the numbers were going down very slowly and seemed to come to a virtual halt around 11.00 ish. Then, of course lunch 12.15 to 1.15, no movement of the numbers til around 1.45. Starting to get a little concerned by now as we were way down the line from the 84 it currently stood at. But, we still sat and sat and sat...… Went to check what time the office shuts, notice on the door says 3.15, by now it was 2.30 and still no real movement. By 3.00, suddenly the numbers started flashing up and we got to the low ninety's. But, obvious concern from us and others who had waited a long time and were further away from being dealt with than we were. One poor lady was at 174.... well, we said, no chance of being dealt with. Come 3.00 people were leaving the waiting room and going into the actual application office, knowing it was shortly going to be shut. At that point suddenly the desks (there were only 3 open out of 8) sprang into action and they started flashing up the numbers really quickly, obviously aware that a lot of people had given up and left. Thank goodness we persevered, as we got to our numbers. Got dealt with by a very nice young lady, who did everything very quickly, gave us the form to take to pay office and told us to run as they were also about to shut. So, run we did, but she forgot to give us our passports so the stamp could be put in..... went to run back up..... after being locked in the pay office as it was now shut..... and met her running down with the passports......phew!! So in the absolute nick of time, got our two years' residency without the need for medicals, blood tests, or whatever, no questions asked about the fact our temp res lapsed in 2018, we are now done til October 2021...…. Thanked the very helpful young lady but no one else was dealt with after us, they have to go back tomorrow..... and the moral, I guess is, get there early 8.00 am probably, that is if you can fight your way through the rush hour traffic. So, we are legal for two years.
I wonder if you were looked after by the same very helpful young lady that dealt with our application.As you say now don't have to worry until oct 21
probably all changed by then.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 182 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Keith, it's a long walk from Ledra to my PO Box near the Metahan crossing! I bet the RoC will still want me to have a visa as well, they can swivel on that score - lol.

cranfield
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 182 in Discussion

Post by cranfield »

Mr Chinnery wrote:Cranfield,
Just curious, have you retained a place in the UK?
why would you care ?

branscombe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 182 in Discussion

Post by branscombe »

Just arrived tonight and asked at the border if I owned a property, said yes and was then informed only 30 days allowed. I’m only here for 3 weeks so no problem. The chap at the border said if I can prove I own a property so bring paperwork next time it will be 90 days. I’m a swallow over 60 so don’t invisage staying more than 90 days but just a heads up to other swallows it may be worth carrying a copy of your local or sales contract in the future.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 182 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

branscombe wrote: ...The chap at the border said if I can prove I own a property so bring paperwork next time it will be 90 days..... just a heads up to other swallows it may be worth carrying a copy of your local or sales contract in the future.
And then I can imagine arriving at Larnaca, GC customs searching bags and cases, finding said paperwork - and deporting you......
I'm not paranoid; I just know everybody's got it in for me.....

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 182 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

So if we arrived before23rd we will have been given 90 days, but after it's now thirty unless you can prove you own property?

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 182 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

We crossed before the 23rd and only got 30 days. I would like to know what happened to the 'we would have a year to do it after 23rd'.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 34 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

teatime wrote:We crossed before the 23rd and only got 30 days. I would like to know what happened to the 'we would have a year to do it after 23rd'.
Wouldn’t we all.

Confusion reigns methinks.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

So many conflicting stories about the amount of income we need to stay here some say 3.5 times the minimum wage if you own a property some say something else. surely someone knows the truth? I got 30 days yesterday. If my first sentence is true then I dont qualify.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

So how come we crossed yesterday and didn’t get asked, no stamp, nothing? Consistently inconsistent.

Also, if you have house purchase documents on you at a GC airport, that can land you in trouble. Would electronic copies on a cloud device suffice / be best?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 37 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

For those of a certain age........

In the words of the old Johnny Nash song.......”There are more questions than answers”.

https://youtu.be/GEstgTAXyec

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 182 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Deniz1 wrote:So many conflicting stories about the amount of income we need to stay here some say 3.5 times the minimum wage if you own a property some say something else. surely someone knows the truth? I got 30 days yesterday. If my first sentence is true then I dont qualify.
When we were there on Tuesday, the lady behind the counter, who seemed to be in charge, told a young girl that she needed 10,000 sterling in her account, she said she had 10,000 euros but was told it had to be 10,000 sterling.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 39 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Trigger wrote:... Also, if you have house purchase documents on you at a GC airport, that can land you in trouble. Would electronic copies on a cloud device suffice / be best?
That's a clever idea!

Ozankoy Best Butcher
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 40 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Ozankoy Best Butcher »

https://icisleri.gov.ct.tr/Portals/32/I ... vKFvFvMw1c

Hi Everyone, that`s a link to the new rules in Turkish.

You can save the document as a pdf and then go to translate.google.com and select document, then browse and upload the saved Turkish version from your device to the page, Google will translate the whole document. It details the 18 types of visa and the requirements being set out. Personally I think it explains why so much here is left open to interpretation and it doesn`t answer a lot of questions but its a start I suppose for those seeking clarity.

The link was posted on Facebook by someone advising that the govt were working on getting a translated copy published.

Karen
Ozankoy Best Butchers, Yusuf Zorlukasap at 16 Muhtarlik Sok, Ozankoy, Girne.
Tel. 0533 870 3974, 815 6806, Facebook @OzankoyButchers

English and Cypriot cuts, sausages and sliced deli meats.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 182 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Thanks Karen - really interesting document but will take some sorting out. I wonder what I fall under being over 60 but renting - lol.

Ozankoy Best Butcher

•   Message 42 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Ozankoy Best Butcher »

They`ve gone so far as to decide that detained criminals won`t need a visa during the period of their detention, yet so many gaps elsewhere
Ozankoy Best Butchers, Yusuf Zorlukasap at 16 Muhtarlik Sok, Ozankoy, Girne.
Tel. 0533 870 3974, 815 6806, Facebook @OzankoyButchers

English and Cypriot cuts, sausages and sliced deli meats.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 182 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

this bit under the tourist visa section.

9. (1) Visa types and durations are:(a) Tourism Visa:(i) come to the country for touristic purposes,accommodation with ato those who have rented housing for this purpose.no more than thirty days; will stay more than thirty dayspaid reservation certificateup to ninety days,(ii) In case no further restrictions are imposed by the Minister,come to the country for the purpose of visitingFor those who will stay at their homes no more than sixty days,(iii) If there is no restriction by the Minister,to visit a relative up to third degreeup to sixty days,(iv) Official visit to the country, job interview, conference, seminar,meeting, festival, fair, exhibition, sporting event, cultural andfor artistic activity, health tourism and similar purposesthose who show their status,limited to one week moreIt is given. If the purpose of arrival is prolongedChief Emigrant Officer or person to be authorizedto be completed by up to ninety days.extended

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 44 of 182 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Thanks for the link Karen.

So to my way of reading this using the dreaded google translate;

It confirms that you have to prove a monthly income of 3 times the minimum wage of 2,958 TL (just under £400) if you own property and 5 times if you don't.

For those who don't own property it says "Monthly income of at least five minimum wages or to persons who have an annual income in the bank account." So if you can't prove the monthly income of 5 times the minimum (£2000 per month) then you need £24,000 in the bank.
For property owners you need to show a monthly income of 8,874 TL (£1200) but it doesn’t seem to say anything about having “an annual income in the bank account."

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 45 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:Thanks for the link Karen.

So to my way of reading this using the dreaded google translate;

It confirms that you have to prove a monthly income of 3 times the minimum wage of 2,958 TL (just under £400) if you own property and 5 times if you don't.

For those who don't own property it says "Monthly income of at least five minimum wages or to persons who have an annual income in the bank account." So if you can't prove the monthly income of 5 times the minimum (£2000 per month) then you need £24,000 in the bank.
For property owners you need to show a monthly income of 8,874 TL (£1200) but it doesn’t seem to say anything about having “an annual income in the bank account."
Re the last paragraph......property owners monthly income of £1,200. Into any bank account? Interesting that as a property owner there “appears” to be no need to have an annual income into a bank account or any savings. Just a monthly income required. Still to be convinced that this is how the rules will be interpreted by the officials.

Personally our income is into U.K. accounts as are our savings etc. I am very cautious when it comes to holding large sums of money in either Turkish/TRNC bank accounts. We draw down funds as and when required.

There is of course still confusion on the exact process, time lengths to comply etc as mentioned by those who have recently arrived. 30 days, 90 days, over 60 then 3 months to register and a year to comply? Who really knows.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 182 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

PoshinDevon wrote:

Re the last paragraph......property owners monthly income of £1,200. Into any bank account? Interesting that as a property owner there “appears” to be no need to have an annual income into a bank account or any savings. Just a monthly income required. Still to be convinced that this is how the rules will be interpreted by the officials.
None of its clear but I think it is buried in this on page 10.

(iv) The possession of the title deed on behalf of the applicant
income of at least three monthly minimum wages
To be; the payments of the immovable
in the case of a contract,
at least three monthly minimum wages in addition to the installment amount
have income.

Between a badly written document and google translate this is real finger in the air stuff.
Logic would say that the difference between 3 times and 5 times the monthly minimum wage is to allow for rent to be paid and they are allowing 800 GBP for that.
Obviously the 64 thousand dollar question is what interpretation the person who is dealing with your application uses. Even under the old system that could be a bit eclectic.

I think the easiest thing is for me to bite the bullet and marry Erol.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 47 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
PoshinDevon wrote:

None of its clear but I think it is buried in this on page 10.

(iv) The possession of the title deed on behalf of the applicant
income of at least three monthly minimum wages
To be; the payments of the immovable
in the case of a contract,
at least three monthly minimum wages in addition to the installment amount
have income.

Between a badly written document and google translate this is real finger in the air stuff.
Logic would say that the difference between 3 times and 5 times the monthly minimum wage is to allow for rent to be paid and they are allowing 800 GBP for that.
Obviously the 64 thousand dollar question is what interpretation the person who is dealing with your application uses. Even under the old system that could be a bit eclectic.

I think the easiest thing is for me to bite the bullet and marry Erol.
Erol will have a long queue of proposals.

Only reason for asking about where money is held is because when we very first applied for residency a good few years ago we went to Girne police station with all docs, including TRNC and UK bank statements both current and savings accounts, Our TRNC account was used to cover normal outgoings such as electric, water and yearly property tax so not a huge amount in account........other funds for spending etc drawn down from income into U.K. accounts, plus a good amount of savings in U.K.

Policeman said go away not enough money in TRNC account. Returned a week later, all same paperwork, different policeman....no problem. Hence it’s all down to interpretation.

Hopefully.......as we are now over 60 we will be able to take all paperwork direct to Lefkosa immigration office and bypass at least one set of officialdom thus reducing slightly the chances of misinterpretation.

Going to sit tight and dream that in a months time things will become clearer.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 48 of 182 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

PoshinDevon wrote:

Going to sit tight and dream that in a months time things will become clearer.
Dream on!
Just did driving licence renewal.
Do have a tip for them there.
If people don't actually start to fill in the application form when they get to the front of the queue then they might be amazed how quickly the f#%@ing queue would move.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 49 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Despite it all.... we still love it here!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 50 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We have been across today and still have at least 60 days of the 90 we were given when we flew into Ercan. We now have 30! Does one overide the other? Who knows. In any event by the end of the 30 days we will have the on line forms filled in and our residency will be winging it's way to us! Right!!!!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”