Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

License for short lets

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

https://haberkibris.com/aktunc-isletmel ... -29_m.html

New law march apparently . Have something similar in turkey . Need to register and get a license in Turkey to do short lets. Huge fines if you don't and get caught. It's already happened in Turkey so expect it to be ratified here.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: License for short lets

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Link isn't working? Is this holiday lets or short term rentals?

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Both. Can't see the difference between a short let or holiday let ? It's the same thing isn't it ?

the link is working fine for me . But it's in Turkish so you need to translate if you can t read.

If it's the same as turkey that was recently brought in it will be any let less than 3 months . The fines are 10 x minimum wage .

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Ah it's working now

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Reyntj wrote:
Fri 01 Mar 2024 6:52 pm
Both. Can't see the difference between a short let or holiday let ? It's the same thing isn't it ?

the link is working fine for me . But it's in Turkish so you need to translate if you can t read.

If it's the same as turkey that was recently brought in it will be any let less than 3 months . The fines are 10 x minimum wage .
I have read the article and forwarded on to home owners who rent who are asking how they apply for a licence. Was this in the article?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Just another way to make sure the Government can collect the tax on income! But who will check???
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

It hasn't become law yet . It says march . But who knows it's the trnc ..

I'm sure there will be more info as and when and I will post anything I see.

Also likely small registered hotel business complaining about Airbnb competition and people not paying taxes.

Trnc needs to get more proficient in collecting taxes so it can pay the 50 % salary increase to all it's government workers ....

It's the huge fine that will make people take action .10x monthly earnings probably gross c £7k!!!! Its similar in Turkey which makes me think it will resemble what's happened there .takes 3 months to get a license there..

CHICO
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by CHICO »

Is there any update on this please? We do holiday lets at our villa, pay our taxes regularly, but do not want to end up with a fine! Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

CHICO wrote:
Tue 02 Apr 2024 10:36 am
Is there any update on this please? We do holiday lets at our villa, pay our taxes regularly, but do not want to end up with a fine! Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.
If you already pay tax on your rental then I don,t think you have a problem,ask at the tax office next time.
This is aimed at those who do holiday rentals via the internet etc and don,t pay rental tax. Long overdue.

CHICO
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by CHICO »

Thank you.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Also likely small registered hotel business complaining about Airbnb competition and people not paying taxes.
New York City did this last year. In 2022 we booked an apartment in Harlem for Easter 2023. At the start of 2023, the NY mayor banned all short term lets of less than 1 month. An appeal for existing bookings to be honoured failed, we got 6 weeks notice to find a hotel. The reason for the ban was hotels complaining about losing business, so it can happen anywhere.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I know this is the rumour capital of the world, so is it true there are people in the Tax office who sit and pour over the letting agencies on the web to see if owners are being truthful as to what weeks they have bookings etc.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 04 Apr 2024 9:52 am
I know this is the rumour capital of the world, so is it true there are people in the Tax office who sit and pour over the letting agencies on the web to see if owners are being truthful as to what weeks they have bookings etc.
Yes I believe so , I have had to prove 8 of my customers rentals and their visits but this was over 5 years ago when the spotlight was on renting properties. All received letters to their houses with the websites they advertised on.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”