General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

WASPI - Women Against State Pension Increase

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

For information, this year the Ombudsman is due to give his decision regarding the official maladministration in relation to those in the Women Against State Pension Inequality Campaign.

John Penrose MP has put forward that all Waspi women should receive compensation of £10,000. There could be an exception to those who brought the case in the first place as those were deemed to have suffered the hardship most. It’s also to be announced soon the exact birthdates to be used for the compensation(if it goes forward) could be those women born 1950 - 1959….there has been much information given out about this and it should only be taken as gospel when the Ombudsman releases his report. Here’s a link to the official page…if you think this may affect you just keep looking on the website for further information.

https://www.waspi.co.uk/

Just to give a better background on what happened…… https://researchbriefings.files.parliam ... P-9967.pdf
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: WASPI - Women Against State Pension Increase

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Slightly off topic. No mention is ever made of wives who served, usually over a long period of time abroad, that don't qualify for the full state pension through no fault of their own, as they haven't made the necessary NI contributions. Seems a bit of an anomaly to me.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Kanonier wrote:
Tue 27 Feb 2024 5:05 pm
Slightly off topic. No mention is ever made of wives who served, usually over a long period of time abroad, that don't qualify for the full state pension through no fault of their own, as they haven't made the necessary NI contributions. Seems a bit of an anomaly to me.

That really is something different and if my opinion means anything, it maybe that those people you are referring to haven’t made enough noise. The Waspi women campaign was very organised right from the beginning and by getting people to register and pay a fee gave them a good start money wise to bring in Lawyers and Barristers.

I will look at that because there has been behind the scenes, for example, where they are looking into those women who for some reason, were not known to have been at home, claiming Family Allowance, looking after their children, but were ignored when it came to claiming their pension. Again the Government of the day failed to award the Home Responsibility credits which would have enabled these woman to receive a higher pension.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Dalartokat wrote:
Tue 27 Feb 2024 5:28 pm
Kanonier wrote:

That really is something different and if my opinion means anything, it maybe that those people you are referring to haven’t made enough noise. The Waspi women campaign was very organised right from the beginning and by getting people to register and pay a fee gave them a good start money wise to bring in Lawyers and Barristers.

I will look at that because there has been behind the scenes, for example, where they are looking into those women who for some reason, were not known to have been at home, claiming Family Allowance, looking after their children, but were ignored when it came to claiming their pension. Again the Government of the day failed to award the Home Responsibility credits which would have enabled these woman to receive a higher pension.

The example I gave this is the link…. https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... -payments/

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Kanonier wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dwp- ... te-pension

People who have accompanied spouses and civil partners may have been unable to work while abroad, and therefore unable to make National Insurance contributions. Gaps in contributions can seriously reduce the amount of money people receive when they reach State Pension age. As the new State Pension is based on people’s own National Insurance record, the credit will give people the opportunity to cover contributions missed by periods spent abroad dating back to 1975.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Unfortunately that's not applicable in our case.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Thanks for the URL - https://www.waspi.co.uk/ - sadly it must be very secret stuff as the response is - Access from your area has been temporarily limited for security reasons! Guess it must be because all the Waspi women , like my wife who is still waiting for the original letter to tell her she is one of them, lol, would like to know how long the Govt will wait before it takes any action at all.

It's just another kick in the teeth for women I am afraid, she is still smarting over the female military pension situation although it would not affect her but would me if she were to die first - lol. Good luck to all the Waspi's they do deserve the same treatment that the post office managers are getting at long last!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

It’s not secret Waddo, obviously it’s because of where you’re living. The reason this has all come about, is, because women did not receive the letter. I am also a Waspi woman and I have never received the letter either and I had the same address for 16 years when this was all to have taken place. As is said it’s down to the Ombudsman to release his report first and will be taken from there, things won’t happen overnight, may not happen at all but all will take time. The campaigners have done all they can and more since the Post Office scandal. It’s spurred them on and more and more MPs are supporting the Campaign.

We will all just have to wait for the outcome, good or bad.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”