General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Pegasus new fare structure/baggage allowance

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Pegasus have introduced new fare structures and baggage allowances from today. The basic fare only includes an under seat bag weighing up to 3kgs, the next fare up allows an additional cabin bag up to 8kgs plus 20kgs hold baggage.

Full details https://www.flypgs.com/en/pegasus-baggage-allowance

Allowances for flights booked before today will be as per old rules which are detailed on your confirmation.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Pegasus new fare structure/baggage allowance

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Yes sneaky, makes it harder than ever to get those bottom prices that they advertise at the top of your search!
As you say nothing between 3kgs and 28kgs doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Shame really have been very impressed with their female CEO up to now.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

So if you have no cabin bag, no hold luggage and your rucksack easily fits under the seat in front, but weighs more than 3kg you have to pay for the next fare up. As techradar says, "sneaky". Better to have one base fare then add on as and if required. Some people might not even have anything to store under the seat. I suppose at least currently you can see their stealth pricing.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

MnM wrote:
Thu 15 Feb 2024 9:27 am
So if you have no cabin bag, no hold luggage and your rucksack easily fits under the seat in front, but weighs more than 3kg you have to pay for the next fare up. As techradar says, "sneaky". Better to have one base fare then add on as and if required. Some people might not even have anything to store under the seat. I suppose at least currently you can see their stealth pricing.

I've not read it, but normal practice, if you exceed your luggage allowance, is to charge 'Excess Baggage' at whatever their per-Kilo rate is...

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Even that would be a better idea Keith, for the under seat "bag", ie 4kg, pay an extra whatever for the 1kg overweight, rather than being forced to fork out for cabin bag and hold luggage which you may not need.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

The Sun newspaper is reporting this, there have been rumours circulating of a big shake up of how to deal with peoples luggage, what they can and cannot take onto the overhead lockers (or bins as they have been referred to) maybe this is the way Pegasus wants to deal with it with their own airlines.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/2595701 ... -airlines/
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Perhaps this will stop locals from carting overhead baggage large enough to pack a three piece suite in.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

I think Pegasus are almost the last of the budget carriers to implement this strategy to extract add on monies. Whilst i understand that the landing and handling fees at airports are massively expensive as operators all seek out the licenses for the most profitable routes.
Luggage costs can quite often be more that the cost of a seat. And if you want to reserve a seat, eat an onboard meal, extra legroom; then get a mortgage! And of course the banks are taking a bit on every card transaction.

Next it will be... book a purified breathing air feed to protect against on board air borne infections. It just wont stop.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

I hope they dont weigh the passengers If they do I'm grounded (>:)(

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Fri 16 Feb 2024 11:48 am
Perhaps this will stop locals from carting overhead baggage large enough to pack a three piece suite in.
Hahaha true, I've always been baffled by this!

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Had a look at Pegasus flights for May, £379 base price for just under seat stowage, book a flexi ticket just in case and the price had more than doubled as it has everything else included that we don't actually need. Why not just charge more for a flexi ticket with no frills, extras or add-ons? Makes much more sense.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”