Post by Hammerhead »

I need some packing boxes where can I buy, thankyou

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Packing boxes needed

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Me too! Dolphin don’t sell them as far as I know. If Ifind a supplier I will let you know but it’s too wet to search this week - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

How soon are these needed? We were kindly given a load for our move but have not yet found a new place.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

MnM, I have started packing up the stuff that WILL go already but can wait if Hammerhead is in a rush.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

If either of you can get some elsewhere it might be best. We are looking at coming out in May perhaps. If we find somewhere then the boxes will be available but only once we've moved in. If we don't find anywhere it'll all be shipped back to UK. Unfortunately the currently high Property Purchase Tax, constant power cuts, the all take no give administration in return for our investment and generally being treated like cash cows are just a few reasons to look elsewhere.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

MnM, Many thanks and understand completely. Lots of people seem to be looking at Portugal now but we are too old to make that as a new start - learn to drive on the wrong side/speak another new language/etc. It would be too much for us in our mid and late 70's so it is back to the UK and the sad weather for the last few years. Hey ho, we have had a great time here and would stay to the end but it looks like we won't be given that chance after all. It is a bit of a slow pack/store and then a mad dash at the end when we are TOLD to leave - lol. Hope you find what you are looking for in the future.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

waddo wrote:
Tue 30 Jan 2024 11:32 am
MnM, Many thanks and understand completely. Lots of people seem to be looking at Portugal now but we are too old to make that as a new start - learn to drive on the wrong side/speak another new language/etc. It would be too much for us in our mid and late 70's so it is back to the UK and the sad weather for the last few years. Hey ho, we have had a great time here and would stay to the end but it looks like we won't be given that chance after all. It is a bit of a slow pack/store and then a mad dash at the end when we are TOLD to leave - lol. Hope you find what you are looking for in the future.
Totally agree waddo,I am in the same boat,I am 77 and to late to start over,I am selling all I can and what's left is for charity,then back to the rain and trips to benidorm,
Good luck

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Waddo - we made the move from N Cyprus to Portugal mid last year

Apart from the kerfuffle of getting the D7 visa as the Greek side embassy wouldn’t help us it’s all been good.

English is widely spoken and to be honest we quickly adapted to the driving wrong side of road!

We really couldn’t face the UK because of the weather …

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

It's all so sad though that it has come to this and people feel the need or are forced to up and leave. We sold for many reasons but intended / intend to re-purchase but not at 12% PPT. Been to Portugal once and is a good option at 1-8% of the purchase price. Corfu at 3.09% is equally attractive. This is just for holidays now but potential retirement in the future so needs to be a forever home - not going through all this again.

I'll PM you both shortly about something slightly related.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

ljarvo wrote:
Wed 31 Jan 2024 9:42 am
we quickly adapted to the driving wrong side of road!

Same here and we were only there a week. I was more nervous the first time I got on a motorbike - which was also the last time.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

The subject is packing boxes,

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”