General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gates
Business contributing to forum

Universal bank

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Has anyone else seen the drop in service banking with these. I have been totally amazed that they sent me 2 letters with both not folded so the address was showing. Due to this after a month one of the post office opened and pend it in. This now means the correspondence was seen by all. Went to use one of my bank cards to find it would not work as they have changed it. I used to recommend this bank. Now i recommend you steer away from it. Really disappointed. Anyone else had issues

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Universal bank

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Perhaps too busy with the Russians who are having trouble on the Greek side ...and coming here..a lot of accusations by the greek Cypriots anyway who are being leaned on by the EU and usa to stop what they have been doing...all supposition of course ...

Charlieboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Charlieboy »

Been with CW for 17 years and always had very good service

gates

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Is it normal now that you can’t phone your branch as mine has said you can’t. All the old numbers have gone and tried calling head bank in Nicosia and they don’t speak English when you can get through that is. Are all the banks like that now. Getting a bit disappointed with this bank doesn’t seem to want your customer anymore. Been with them for 13 years very disappointed

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Interestingly when recently chatting to an expat manager from a popular ex pat TC bank she did not know that certain UK banks, in this case Nationwide, were closing UK ex pat bank accounts.
Also interestingly she did not know that TEB were part of the French Paraban group and associated with Barclays.
On a different vein TEB have advised "Swallow" friends that they will be closing their account as they are not full time residents here. Much in the same way as Nationwide in the UK.

Tanky
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Tanky »

Have been with CW for 20 years now and they have always been excellent. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Instant decisions and excellent service. Far better than any bank we had in the UK.
Tanky

Charlieboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Charlieboy »

Same here Tanky.....17 years with CW....always very good service

gates

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Actually the Universal bank branch in Catalkoy has been very helpful. The girl there has given me her own personal number so I can contact her with any problems which i think is way above helpful. So I give them all their stars back. Thank you universal bank Catalkoy 🙏

Eileen M Nagarkar
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Eileen M Nagarkar »

Hi there, Read your post am desperately trying to contact Catalkoy Branch of Univeral Bank from UK. Could you please send me the phone number of the bank and/or the lady that helped you. I should be soo grateful. Kind Regards Eileen

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

gates

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »