General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Superhome South Side

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I have always been able to access this site on - https://superhome.com.cy/ - but following a recent change of router I am now blocked by cloudflare and just wondering if it is me or if the web site itself is suffering problems.

Could somebody please try to access the site and let me know if they succeed, at least then I will have a start point. Many thanks.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Superhome South Side

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Just tried the link (from the UK); received the message "Sorry, you have been blocked"
and
"This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data."
...so probably NOT the router........ :roll:

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

I have been blocked too. Seems they have new security measures in place.
They also won't accept my loyalty card now as they say if has to be a Cypriot(south) phone number.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I just tried again but instead of WiFi on my phone I used LTE and it went through ok, tried again on WiFi and blocked! It’s not me - lol

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Opened up no problem.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Superhome Centre website opens without issue on my phone (Google browser), Türkcell network.
libens volens potens

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

So long as I am not using WiFi on my home router then I can get through to Superhome without any problems. Tomorrow I will try on another WiFi router just to make sure but it is only Superhome that I can not get to on WiFi. Strange.

Update

I have sent an email to the Superhome website owner explaining that I am blocked and await a reply. Meanwhile, I took my router out of the system and just connected my Mac direct to the Internet Provider input to my house - the problem remains the same. Therefore I deduce that the fault is not with my router but with my Internet Provider. I will contact them to see what they can do as well.

No problem getting onto the website via my Turkcell LTE phone connection either.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

As promised - the answer I received today from the Superhome website owner:

Anna Leimoni (SHC) <[email protected]>
10:04 (21 minutes ago)
to Panos, me

Goodmorning
Thank you for your message!

Upon investigation, it appears that our developer has implemented a geolocation-based access restriction, limiting access to users residing in Cyprus. This decision was made as part of our targeted strategy to tailor our services specifically to the local community in Cyprus.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this restriction may have caused you.

If you have any further inquiries or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. We value your interest in our services and hope to resolve this matter satisfactorily for you.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,

Anna Leimoni

So, I guess that my Internet provider - based in Nicosia - is not located in Cyprus then! If I use Turkcell Internet on my mobile then I am fine, otherwise I don't live here anymore - lol. No big problem, just a little annoying from the RoC side again.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

No big problem, just a little annoying from the RoC side again.

why you say that?
i guess you do not say "annoying from the UK side" when you have to use a vpn to watch TV.
many "normal" companies start to use geoblocking via ip and concentrate on the local market.
many only want to hack or copy them and it saves server capacity.
that simple it is.
just click to the clustr map down on this page and you will learn that the vast majority of the visitors here are connected via ... Turkiye.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Because it IS a little annoying to me, nothing I can't work around through. I don't watch UK TV! What clustr map where? Not interested in the "vast majority of the visitors here", I live here.

I was only trying to provide information for other users as to why they have also been blocked on the Superhome website. Thank you for your comments.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

waddo wrote:
Wed 20 Dec 2023 3:12 pm
Because it IS a little annoying to me, nothing I can't work around through. I don't watch UK TV! What clustr map where? Not interested in the "vast majority of the visitors here", I live here.

I was only trying to provide information for other users as to why they have also been blocked on the Superhome website. Thank you for your comments.
I guess what Kibsolar1999 is trying to say is that although many people in TRNC are connected to the Internet by Internet service providers here, their IP is actually provided via companies in Turkey. Hence, when your IP is checked by Superhomes geolocation blocker it thinks you are based in Turkey. If you click on world map at bottom of this page, you will see that most members to this forum are based in Turkey, but fact is that they are actually in the TRNC.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Soner, Good morning from Camp Covid, where we are all positive today! Thank you for pointing out the Cluster Map, I had not noticed that before - sorry. As I could probably work around the geolocation block by using a VPN, I can’t really see the need for it on Superhome but there you go, I am obviously well out of date with current technology. For now I will just stick with searching Superhomes web site on my iPhone via LTE, maybe mirror it to my Mac of iPad for clarity and leave it at that. Hope all is well out there, take care and Merry Christmas!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

waddo wrote:
Thu 21 Dec 2023 9:04 am
Soner, Good morning from Camp Covid, where we are all positive today! Thank you for pointing out the Cluster Map, I had not noticed that before - sorry. As I could probably work around the geolocation block by using a VPN, I can’t really see the need for it on Superhome but there you go, I am obviously well out of date with current technology. For now I will just stick with searching Superhomes web site on my iPhone via LTE, maybe mirror it to my Mac of iPad for clarity and leave it at that. Hope all is well out there, take care and Merry Christmas!
Geçmiş olsun.
Merry Christmas. Do let me know if you need anything.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”