General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Marmalade

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Has anyone seen any Coopers marmalade anywhere please?

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Marmalade

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

Just make your own. Citrus fruit In abundance soon

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I've never even heard of Cooper's marmalade, but will let you know if I spot the beast.
I'm a Rose's lime marmalade only fan, although would certainly have a bash making it if I could get limes.
For the first time ever, due to being hidden in a hedge for years, I have oranges and grapefruit on my trees. My gardener tells me they should be ready for picking around December. So perhaps a marmalade and curd making session will be on the agenda.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Thankyou for comments 're home made marmalade but I love coopers make. Much nicer than my home made attempts and all that peel chopping and getting the pith off!! Roses lime is lovely too. But hard to get limes out here.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

You've convinced me Sammydavis. Just looked up a recipe for marmalade, sounds like a lot of hard work. I'll make curd instead, used to doing that with lemons, although still a bit of a faff.

Does anyone know if you can get blackcurrants here, or an alternative? Or even the plants to grow them?

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

I saw blueberries once in supreme but never seen blackcurrants. As an avid gardener I think it is too hot to grow our old staple fruit bushes like blackcurrant, goosegogs rhubarb etc. Worse luck!

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Can get berries and currants (sometimes) in the supermarket on the far left of the Tim's cafe parade between the florist and the butcher's, they are normally in the fridge by the checkout on the left side in small cartons.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Thanks sammydavis and techtrader. Suspect it is too hot to grow blackcurrants here. I'll have a look at supermarket by Tim's.

bigbadbob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by bigbadbob »

Gladrags the Kyrenia Animal Charity Shop in Karakum have been gifted by a generous and loyal supporter in support of the work they do for the animals here in the TRNC a varied selection of flavours of homemade Marmalade. All scrumptious and delicious.
Give us a try! (8))
BBB'other half.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”