General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Residents visa renewals.

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Does the 20 day rule not apply any more? Do we need to wait until our visas expire?
Our 2 year visas expire on 11th September 2023, and have been trying to log on to our accounts on and off for the last
week to start our renewal applications. All l’m getting on the screen is our previous 2 year visa.
Any suggestions please.

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residents visa renewals.

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Hi dap2410, I had the same issue and someone helpfully advised to try 21 days before expiry. When I did the renew button had appeared. Be warned we started ours 24/08, and then got a Girne police appnt for March 2024!

See other discussion at viewtopic.php?f=76&t=57976

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Your renewal button should show by now if your temp residency expires 11th Sept. Perhaps a visit to the police station to see if they can help, or immigration.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

If you are less than 21 days now try scrolling to the bottom to find the renew option.

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

laptawrinkly wrote:
Wed 30 Aug 2023 9:16 am
Hi dap2410, I had the same issue and someone helpfully advised to try 21 days before expiry. When I did the renew button had appeared. Be warned we started ours 24/08, and then got a Girne police appnt for March 2024!

See other discussion at viewtopic.php?f=76&t=57976
Thank you for you post in response to my inquiry. But as you might see from my original post I am well into the 20 day ruling, as our residency expires on 11th September. And as for your Police station appointment on March 2024; well nothing really about this system surprise’s me any more. It may well be a Necessary requirement, but it can and does course a great deal of frustration for many. ||:(( ||:((

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

JoandJelly wrote:
Wed 30 Aug 2023 5:46 pm
If you are less than 21 days now try scrolling to the bottom to find the renew option.
Thanks for you post and suggestion. Tried scrolling down, but still the same. No Renewal Button just the previous years visa.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

When I renewed last weekend the old residency permit was shown but it also has a black renewal button on the top left, I believe. At first I missed it and thought same as you. Hope you've just missed it as a trek to immigration is a pain.
Alternatively, it could be a problem with your browser, I used Google Chrome .

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

come_on_aylin wrote:
Thu 31 Aug 2023 6:51 am
When I renewed last weekend the old residency permit was shown but it also has a black renewal button on the top left, I believe. At first I missed it and thought same as you. Hope you've just missed it as a trek to immigration is a pain.
Many thanks for your post and suggestion to try a different browser. And that worked. Now found the Renewal button.
Will now get the necessary documents required and start our application. “Wait Out” and will let all know the date of our Police station appointment. (8))

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Many thanks for your post and suggestion to try a different browser. And that worked. Now found the Renewal button.
So pleased that it worked, residency renewal is a pain without tech problems. We got an appointment for 1st April, appropriately enough, applied on 26th August.

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

come_on_aylin wrote:
Thu 31 Aug 2023 9:44 am
So pleased that it worked, residency renewal is a pain without tech problems. We got an appointment for 1st April, appropriately enough, applied on 26th August.
Come on aylin::: so glad you have got an appointment for 1st April (isn’t that April Fools Day)LOL. Well that gives you time to get organised for the event. Hope in the meantime you have no plans to travel.

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

dap2410 wrote:
Thu 31 Aug 2023 8:36 am
come_on_aylin wrote:
Thu 31 Aug 2023 6:51 am
Will now get the necessary documents required and start our application. “Wait Out” and will let all know the date of our Police station appointment. (8))
APPOINTMENTS AT GIRNE POLICE STATION 9th APRIL 2024. I think their system must be a little over stretched to say the lest!! ((/))

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”