General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Individual parcellation.

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

I went to collect my metric kocan a short time ago, upon collection and property plan l was told there is a discrepancy with a boundary wall.
Does anybody know of a reputable firm /land agent that deals with these issues, not an advocate please.
TIA.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Individual parcellation.

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

There is a licensed land surveyer in Alsanjak. He is authorised by Land Office to measure your plot to within mm and is not to expensive. Forget the name but they are located in the parade of shops just past Starling coming from Girne on the left hand side of the road, next to the chicken place. They did mine and I had the same problem, my wall went to a right angle join and should have been rounded, thus I had a couple of metres belonging to the council.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

He is three shops down from the foot lady and Mardos. He discovered to our horror that we had 9ft wide, 90ft long strip of land which in years gone by had been a goat track and was destined to be a road eventually. We could easily have lost our house when the CAT machines turned up. If you have any queries he'll find out if any of your land is Belediye.

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

Many thanks for the replies, l will try to contact him

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Bogaz58 wrote:I went to collect my metric kocan a short time ago, upon collection and property plan
TIA.
Where did you collect if from?
I always in the past thought it was the land registry office in Kyrenia but when I moved from Yesiltepe ( Alsancak kyrenia) to catalkoy I was told no Catalkoy is a municipality therefore held there.

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

I got mine at the land registry office. Girne, next to state hospital.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Bogaz58 wrote:I got mine at the land registry office. Girne, next to state hospital.
Sorry to be a pain but do you live in a municipality area or belediyesi as I gather this could be where people are confusing me. ie I was in a belediyesi area but now living in a municipality area.

I know Karsiyaka used to be in Girne but now for taxes a lot is now dealt with at the Lapta Municipality.
Thank you

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

I don't know, l can't tell you l live in Lapta if it helps.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Bogaz58 wrote:I don't know, l can't tell you l live in Lapta if it helps.
yes it does thank you

MrsD
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by MrsD »

We got ours from the Land Registry in Girne and we live in Esentepe.

SunnyParkers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by SunnyParkers »

Is it safe to assume that the metric Kocan are accurate if you are not advised otherwise when collecting them from Tapu? Tia

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

Sunny parkers that's a 66 milion dollar question, is anything here, ensure you go to the plan drawer and get a certified plan of your property, another 40 or so tl.
The plan sows where your boundary walls are and should be.

fincho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by fincho »

I collected my kocan today and it seems i have the same problem.My neighbor owes me a tiny bit and we owe him a tiny bit.It looks like we may also owe a small bit on a footpath at the side our house that is probably council owned.

Im not anticipating any drama with our neighbor but how did you get on with the councils bit you owed them.Our dispute is 36 sq mts in today.About the same width as a fag paper!

Would be interested to see how other people have found the process.I have an appointment this week for the Alsancak surveyors office.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Fincho, With regard to the council bit, it maybe worth speaking to them, they might say "OK" but things like that don't seem to happen here. I was in the process to get my Kojan and it would have taken probably months to try and sort it out that way, so we just paid to have the wall moved and council approval was very rapid after that.

fincho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by fincho »

I went to see the Surveyor and they said that the Tapu office are no longer issuing Kocans for any properties where they consider that a boundary incursion is problematic and they are insisting that these issues are rectified before they issue title deeds.

Nobody including our Solicitor know what type of title deed we have and if we want to find out its an additional £75.00 plus tax.I for one will be relieved to leave here.It feels increasingly unstable with its endless moving goalposts.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”