General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

johnerebus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

The French Have Done It!

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by johnerebus »

Yes! Yes! Yes! But No No No Nothing from the BEEB. I wonder why - that's a rhetorical question btw?

OK I'll answer.

It may be contagious.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/11/worl ... 4fkSMr-QpU

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/11/worl ... ZCYay03_Cw

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: The French Have Done It!

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Maybe we should be doing the same in UK...….

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Yes! Back date it for the WASP's some of which have lost £31K in pensions!!! No, I am not one of them! I am a taxpayer and fed up of Govt backed theft.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

I am sure that there are many on here who have served with the British military on accompanied tours overseas and for various reasons their spouses have been unable to find employment. As a result they have not made NI Contributions resulting in a reduced state pension, can't see the government backdating that.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

The French know how to change the governments mind,gutsy

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

I was one Kanonier, a service wife in Gibralter where I couldn't work, 6 years in Holland & Germany where I worked for NAAFI equivalent in Holland & paid their taxes & in Germany the NAAFI & paid taxes. Didn't work in RAF Nicosia but volunteered at the school. Come retirement I had all relevant paperwork only to be told I'd receive nothing......

cyprus2016
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by cyprus2016 »

Whatever you think of the French - their politicians have no qualms at all about spending tax-payers money on extravagant lifestyles for themselves - they do seem to have a noticeably better sense of the people's welfare than many other similarly prosperous countries. They introduced the minimum wage in 1955 for example, whereas many UK workers had to put up with a pittance of a wage until the 1997 minimum wage rules were proposed. The current UK government I've noticed incidentally now refer to it as 'the living wage' but would they on their £100K salary and expenses (not to mention employing their relatives as 'researchers') be prepared to accept the 'living wage', you can bet not!
A recent survey found the French state-run health service to be far superior to the NHS and at lower overall cost and without the 'postcode lottery' for drugs and treatment all to prevalent in the UK. It does not prevent the French having the highest incidence of liver failure in the world, but they do enjoy their wine of course!
The UK 'age 60 retirement' was I believe a clear bribe by a desperate 1970's Labour Party that clearly wanted more votes, regardless of blatant gender discrimination. I always thought that to be fare, early retirement should have gone to workers, regardless of their gender, who worked in life-limiting jobs such as coal mines, steel works, asbestos industries etc who would be unlikely to enjoy for long the retirement benefits they had all paid for.
“Caysiz sohbet, aysiz gok yuzu gibidir”

wjms
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by wjms »

Cally wrote:I was one Kanonier, a service wife in Gibralter where I couldn't work, 6 years in Holland & Germany where I worked for NAAFI equivalent in Holland & paid their taxes & in Germany the NAAFI & paid taxes. Didn't work in RAF Nicosia but volunteered at the school. Come retirement I had all relevant paperwork only to be told I'd receive nothing......
Cally,

Please do look at the following link and apply for credits to your NI record. It may work, and be of some help.

Best of luck,
James

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-in ... l-overseas

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Thanks for that James, I'll certainly look into it...….

mikea11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by mikea11 »

Thanks for that info James, never knew we could apply for that, done so yesterday, let’s see if I can get any credits.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

wjms wrote:
Cally wrote:I was one Kanonier, a service wife in Gibralter where I couldn't work, 6 years in Holland & Germany where I worked for NAAFI equivalent in Holland & paid their taxes & in Germany the NAAFI & paid taxes. Didn't work in RAF Nicosia but volunteered at the school. Come retirement I had all relevant paperwork only to be told I'd receive nothing......
Cally,

Please do look at the following link and apply for credits to your NI record. It may work, and be of some help.

Best of luck,
James

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-in ... l-overseas

Tried to work round it with my Service History but, unfortunately, we don't meet the criteria.

mikea11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by mikea11 »

Well, thank you James, just been awarded credits to my pension whilst with husband in Germany many years ago

wjms
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by wjms »

Cally, sorry it didn’t help...
Mikea11, well that’s good news!

James

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”