General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

DarkAli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

power washer repair

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by DarkAli »

I have a Karcher 400 power washer,was working fine last year but now no power,any ideas whats wrong or who can look at it ,thank you

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: power washer repair

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

I tried to fix a Karcher power washer a couple of years ago. I think they are designed not to be fixed and the parts are crazy expensive.

Good luck !

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Going on past experience, it will either be the mains lead broken insıde where it enters the machine, or the on/off switch.

Parts are available on ebay or direct from the manufacturer.

Any small appliance repairer should be able to fix it.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

My karcher stopped working. Removed covers, pesky torx screws and what I learnt was interesting. There are two micro switches inside, one for the live and one for the neutral these act as a double pole switch. The on / off switch on the outside physically moves the switches away from the actuator of the switches. The actual operation of these switches which cause the motor to run is via a pressure switch in the pump. With no pressure the plunger is up which has to be by spring pressure. The upward movement of the plunger operates the micro switches providing the on / off switch is in the on position. When the pump is up to pressure the plunger is forced down releasing the switches and stopping the pump.
The plunger on mine was stuck down, a good spray with wd 40 and working the plunger up and down with Mole grips put everything right. My recommendation is to remove the cover and the terminal box cover to the motor and operate both switches together and see if the pump will run.
Another possible cause is a faulty capacitor also located in the terminal box, this is normally indicated by a humming noise from the motor with the motor not running.
Hope this helps, it may sound complicated but it's not!

Phantomfixer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Phantomfixer »

Hi Thornaby
Please note WD 40 is not a lubricant, WD= Water disposal, there any many other spray lubricants available.

Rob

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Hi phantomfixer, wd40 is not a lubricant in the true sense. I used it to free a sticking mechanism something it is designed to do.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Thanks phantomfixer. I will try your recommendation on my inoperative Karcher.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

We bought ours from Coban in Catalkoy and when it needed repairing they did it. Well they have a Karcher person that comes to collect and repair them that should say!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”