General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Lifecelldigital digital internet

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

We have been using this system for about 5 weeks now and it is working well for us. What we want to do is to buy a months access next spring prior to coming out here. Has anyone done that?? We went in to the turkcell shop in girne today, but unfortunately after waiting in a queue the ladies English wasn't good enough to help us. She gave us the customer helpline, which I called later in the afternoon. They asked for my number and said an English speaker would call me back. Unfortunately I am still waiting. Wish my Turkish was better, but it isn't I am afraid.
We are 35 miles from Girne, so I was hoping I could avoid the trek somehow? Thanks for any help/advice?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Lifecelldigital digital internet

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Not wanting to put you off getting in advance, as it hopefully is possible.

A friend who is using the service was cut off earlier this week, could not get UK bank card to go through with payment. Went into Turkcell shop this morning, paid in cash, took for ages to get it sorted, had to sign a myriad of forms...expected it to be working when back at home. Not the case. More phone calls required, and eventually later today, service was resumed.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

So far the internet has worked well.

However, the same can't be said for the customer service, neither in the shop by phone(still no call back), no response tocontact form, nor fb message. Just trying to get some answers to questions??

Kay123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Kay123 »

We have been with Turkcell internet for about 6 months. When the system is working it’s very good which is about 95% of the time but as soon as the system goes down or there’s a problem it’s almost impossible to rectify through customer service. They get 3/10 for looking after you once the contracts are signed!!!!! They say they will call you back but never once have they done so. I don’t think it’s the language barrier either, I think they just shrug their shoulders if there’s a problem which is bad.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

They need to sort the customer service but out or that negative message will soon spread. Maybe the read these boards?

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

A couple of months back I was seriously thinking of moving my allegiance to them, but thought better of it, and how glad am I that didn't. Have heard virtually nothing but bad reports since then.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”