General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

OldOwl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

How are Pickupnorthcyprus? Good or bad?

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by OldOwl »

Have used Pickupnorthcyprus many times and always been very happy with them. Last time our transfer from Kyrenia to Ercan though, a really bad experience.

Does anyone know if they have new owners? Has anyone else had problems with Pickupnorthcyprus?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Re: How are Pickupnorthcyprus? Good or bad?

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Use them all the time and no problems.

What was your bad experience? Did you contact the owner and complain. They have email and Facebook page and would suggest you do complain so you can get an explanation and resolve the issue amicably.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

OldOwl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by OldOwl »

I’ve explained exactly what happened by e-mail to them. So far no answer and that’s the cause for my question here.
I’ll drop it if I get an acceptable answer. If not I’ll change company and let you know why.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Planning to use them in a few weeks so hopefully you get a reply from them which is satisfactory.

Drop me a pm if you feel necessary.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Steve C
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Steve C »

As others have said we used them many times. I feel that something has changed in the company. The drivers seem not to be the same. In November we had booked and were left stranded in Larnaca with a no show. got our money back but no excuse given. Being left stranded late at night is not good, fortunately there was a taxi driver going north that could fit us in his taxi.

Ozangirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Ozangirl »

My parents regularly use them, but they booked a taxi on Saturday to take them to Larnaca and the driver of the taxi got arrested at the border by CID and Police and the taxi was turned upside down including that of my parents luggage! My parents had their passports taken for half an hour and left stranded, fortunately they managed to get another taxi from the border! Not a good start to your journey !

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Thanks for posting your experiences of this company. Plus thank you to the OP for the email sent to me direct.

Have used this company many times in the past with no issues. However;it’s very dissapointing to read that a few people have recently had bad experiences.

We will not now be using them, there are plenty of other options available.

karmels
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by karmels »

Mustafa transfare has never let us down. He has a FB page.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Confucius 551-479 BC

Southern belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Southern belle »

Have used this company dozens of times and there was always a problem on return pick up. Never knew where pick up was, sent google map but still very late picking up with no call to let us know they were running late. The last transfer I had it was about an hour late and I was panicking thinking I would miss the flight. Some of the drivers drove dangerously fast and one of the times an ambulance was flashing for them to let them pass and they would not move out of the way, this was on the Greek side. I do not use them anymore as they are extremely unreliable, the last couple of times I used Mustafa transfer and they are very good and would definitely recommend them

OldOwl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by OldOwl »

No answer from Pickupnorthcyprus to my e-mail sent to them. Therefore, in addition to the above infos, we have decided NOT to use them anymore.

This is what I wrote them:

”Our recent trip Kyrenia - Ercan 13/11 at 02:50

We have used your company for years now and always been happy with your service. This time however was a horrible experience. The driver was driving in a very strange way, mostly driving on the right side of the road. Sometimes very, very slow and sometimes driving very fast. Very strange and dangerous! On the highway to the airport he even smacked into the wall between the files. Fortunately nothing happened.

I suppose that the driver you used has newly come from Turkey as he was mostly of the right side of the road. Does he have a drivers license? His strange driving makes us wonder if he was on drugs?

How can we be sure that you only use drivers that we can trust?
Can we continue to use your service without experience this kind of situation again?

Regards,”

kevnmax
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by kevnmax »

Just had a call in UK from Mustapha Travel to confirm my arrival in Larnaca .They are very good

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Its my experience with loads and loads of companies, If you DON'T send emails in the Turkish language, then they don't bother to deal with them and sometimes print them off and chuck in the bin OR they automatically go into SPAM and they are binned at regular intervals. Even with a well known travel company that dealt with UK holiday makers, the same thing happened.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”