General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

The OddMajor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Murder in the Med

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by The OddMajor »

Hi, I am a member of the Olive Press Bowling Club here in Lapta and I have recently had published a short story on Kindle eBooks which your members may be interested in. The synopsis is as follows:

Murder in the Med - In the sleepy backwaters of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, an unrecognised country in the eastern Mediterranean, retired expats enjoy life in the slow lane. However, all is not as it seems in this little corner of paradise. The Lemon Grove Bowling Club on the beautiful turquoise coast is the centre of intrigue, which the millionaire cockney owner Billy Wasp runs with an iron grip. Murder and intrigue are the order of the day when his coquettish female partner Patsy Errington slowly becomes disenchanted with their hedonistic way of life. Blackmail, mystery and envy all play their part in this first short story from Brian J Thomas.
Note: This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Go to the link below and purchase to start your mini adventure in the Med today:
Link: Just Google ‘Kindle eBooks’ on the Amazon website and search for ‘Murder in the Med’ or ‘Brian J Thomas’

Thank you

Brian
Attachments
Book Cover.jpg
Last edited by The OddMajor on Sat 16 Nov 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ozangirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Murder in the Med

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Ozangirl »

Sounds interesting - just downloaded it !

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Me too.

jardap
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by jardap »

downloaded, looking forward to reading it .

jardap
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by jardap »

Great little book well worth a read.

The OddMajor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by The OddMajor »

Thank you Jardap, will be starting on the next episode next week!

trooper
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by trooper »

Can tell you no longer the chairman of the RBL -- you would have never had the time !
Good luck with the book.

The OddMajor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by The OddMajor »

TY Trooper.
If anyone has read the book I would be grateful for a 'customer review' on the Amazon website (good or bad). I think that I have enough ideas for at least another 2 or 3 episodes!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Rather than write a review on Amazon to be seen by all I would rather do it on here and then it isn't counted against your percentages.

In your post here you quite rightly call it a short story which of course it is but the comments on Amazon are referring to it as a book. In truth it is a short story but very short and you only just get started and then it finishes. It is actually more like an introduction to me and you just get to know who the characters are and then it ends with no depth whatsoever.

If you have two or three more episodes I personally think you would have been better putting them all together before publishing and even then it may be too little. What was there was good and it was good to read about the area but just not enough to get your teeth into.

Sorry to be so negative but I read several books a week and this just didn't do it for me.

The OddMajor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by The OddMajor »

Thanks for the honest feedback Chriswright03 appreciated.

aljanyoung
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by aljanyoung »

I downloaded it also at a cost of £3.99 which I felt was very expensive for basically a chapter of a book I read in about 20 minutes. By mistake I downloaded a book by Peter Mayle with much the same title which had around 40 chapters and gave me 2 or 3 good days reading and a complete story . By contrast I paid £1.99 for it. I agree with the previous comment if the book has other chapters you would have been better publishing it as a whole.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”