General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Today I ponder, 15 years in the TRNC

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

What a lot of changes in the last 15 years, I arrived in the rain with my border collie to join my husband who was already settled in our new build. My Father who had recent heart problems was busy packing up to return back to the UK after spending 17 happy years visiting and living here, I was reassured it was nothing to do with my nursing skills!!!
headlines then were the taxes to pay on transfer of title, I remember asking in the September now that is the final payment I have to make on the house before I hand my notice in and come and live here, oh dear how I misunderstood the buying process of purchasing here. How I didn't listen!!!
December 26th 2004 we were in Lefkosa state hospital having our tests for residency, wow we toured the hospital looking for the x-ray, blood tests and then the cotton bud test, 3 weeks later back for the results, then another 3 weeks, got it right this time! eventually arriving August 9th at the bus station at 4am placing our names on a bit of cardboard. One year great , importing the car, dog took up so much time, the island was buzzing, lots of people coming, socializing and the most important thing feeling free. Then reality had to kick in, I decided I needed to seek work legally, again what a minefield, the medical tests, the down time, the going out before midnight, back the next day to ensure while my permit was being processed I could leave the island in an emergency. 6 years later processing my beyaz kimlik, next step hopefully citizenship to ensure I get my pension
Do I regret it? No, but did rather like the attitude of couldn't care less

thickey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Today I ponder, 15 years in the TRNC

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by thickey »

15 YEARS WELL SPENT ?

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”