30 days

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

yucatan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

30 days

Post by yucatan »

Over 60 ,30 days given at Famagusta check point,, 14 years of supporting the TRNC economy !

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: 30 days

Post by Reyntj »

Look we a have been through this before . Uk exapts supportimg the economy etce etc wanting to be treated as equals. If you have been reading previous posts ...which the moderators decided to delete ....i cant t think why !? There is a certain can of worms that defuncts this argument and the expats residents woukd like to keep firmly closed so i suggest you refrain from this this angle of thought in a public forum as you and others might not like the response.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by 13roman58 »

Some people describe themselves as Turkish Cypriot then a British citizen but constantly criticise british people here.
Someone is wearing two hats!
When we came here we were told that after 5 years residency we could get permanent. After 13years I am still waiting

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Reading the other topics on the new residency rules you will see that the minister in charge of this area has stated a number of times that it you are over 60 you have 1 year to register and complete the residency process. She also says that immigration staff have been told to be lenient during this change in the process.

Now whether people choose to believ this or not is up to them.

As for posts being deleted, it is done for good reason. Some posts are temporarily moved off the forum to a moderator area and after discussion between all moderators a decision is made on what action to take.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Please keep to topic.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Reyntj wrote:Ok fair enough back to the topic and the first post .if you have being living in the trnc for 14 years and supporting the economy by paying your income tax here on your worldwide income well done !!!

Im sure all the good british expats will agree Trnc is a very poor and its very important people dont live here shouting the odds and demanding priveleges whilst dodging the legal income tax requirements which is paid by all the low paid workers and trnc retiree citizens .

This reply is entirely relevant and without insult lets see if it gets censored !
Please keep on topic. You have raised the subject of tax previously and received replies. Last warning.

Thank You.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Kanonier »

I might be missing something here but, if you have 30 days to register why would you not register within 30 days?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

Kanonier wrote:I might be missing something here but, if you have 30 days to register why would you not register within 30 days?
I think the confusion is caused by the Minister for the Interior stating that over 60s who had not registered have until Oct '20 to do so and she had, apparently, informed the crossing Immigration Officers that the 30, 60, 90 days visa would not be enforced. Under 60s, usual rules apply. A typical case of left/right hand syndrome. I could be mistaken here.

madeincyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by madeincyprus »

The reason lots of people are worried about the new residency law is the amount of money needed to show you can live here. It's not only the over 60s that are being affected. Unmarried couple under 60 who are renting need to show nearly 2400 pound per month. Totally crazy if you ask me.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by frugal90 »

Agree, madeincyprus, economy wrecking procedures.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

madeincyprus wrote:The reason lots of people are worried about the new residency law is the amount of money needed to show you can live here. It's not only the over 60s that are being affected. Unmarried couple under 60 who are renting need to show nearly 2400 pound per month. Totally crazy if you ask me.
Whilst you have a valid point regarding the money, it is nothing to do with the period of temporary residence visa. Why not start a separate thread on the monetary issue?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

madeincyprus wrote:The reason lots of people are worried about the new residency law is the amount of money needed to show you can live here. It's not only the over 60s that are being affected. Unmarried couple under 60 who are renting need to show nearly 2400 pound per month. Totally crazy if you ask me.
By my calculations it comes out at around £1,735.

Rents can be as high as £1,000 a month, but lets say £500, that leaves £1,235 to support 2 adults: food, car, entertainment, electricity, household sundries, clothing, heating/cooling.

Doesn't sound crazy to me, in fact I don't think that I could manage on that!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

I forgot to mention: Holidays, Celebrations, Telephones, and Medical costs!

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by war horse »

Just came back across the Pyla crossing after a week in Paphos, and NO stamps in any of our passports

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

A few posts on this topic have now been deleted as they were of topic resulting in an argument between two members.

This topic is now locked

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”