General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

skidmore
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

The 'R' word

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by skidmore »

My experience, recently went police to apply for residency. I am over 60 and own property. Previously had residency, 8 years ago, stopped after gentleman's agreement. This is what I took. Passport, Muhtars letter confirming address 3.5 TL stamps, supplied by Muhtar, fee charged (Girne) 10 TL, Kocan. One passport photo, less than six months old, bank statements, Turkish or UK showing 10K in funds ,document proving retirement, if you have one, not compulsory, stamps to the value of 24 TL, actually not needed at police station but later at immigration office. Unless you can prove funds they will turn you away. After police officer completed documentation, he gave me a stamped slip, asked for my mobile and said I would be contacted by immigration, by call or text in one month to arrange appointment, asking if you want up to three years . Fee three years 600 TL. No medical stuff needed as done on first application. If this is your first application you will have to have tests. That medical bit may change of course. Everyone needs to apply if you a foreign person they will enforce it if you leave KKTC or go to the Greek side by stamping your passport with 60 days subsequent out and in's 30 days then 7 days after which you will be illegal. Don't know about holidays or. Swallows you are going to have to do it. (One photo copy of all documents)

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: The 'R' word

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Very helpful until you get to the point where you state that if it is your first application you will need health tests. Not true if you are over 60. It has been well reported that over 60's do not need to take tests.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

https://cyprusscene.com/2019/11/01/trnc ... m-the-brs/
Initial requirements WILL NOT include a medical check (blood test) for persons over 60 years of age, although those UNDER 60 years of age will continue to be required to undergo this test.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Cheers

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Thank you Skidmore - that is very useful.

I have three questions; I would be grateful for answers to them:-

If you are applying as a couple, do you take one ticket each at the Police Station, or one ticket for both of you? I ask because if you only take (need) one ticket per couple, more people will get processed, bearing in mind that they only issue 50 tickets.

When you produce copies of your bank statements, do you obscure your account details? For security reasons I am a little concerned about providing the account numbers.

Do you have to take your original Kocan as well as a copy?

skidmore
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by skidmore »

I can't answer point exactly but I suspect one number would do as you are applying as a couple 1. 2. I didn't obscure any of my account details, I don't have your concern. 3.Original Kocan plus copy

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

skidmore wrote:I can't answer point exactly but I suspect one number would do as you are applying as a couple 1. 2. I didn't obscure any of my account details, I don't have your concern. 3.Original Kocan plus copy
I'm not sure that it is still relevant, but in the past I always took just a colour photocopy of my Sales Contract - no original.

Time will tell what will be acceptable, and of course, it may well depend on who is checking your documents on any particular day

(and what side of the bed they got out of!)

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”