General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Tojo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Pressure Pads

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Tojo »

I am trying to obtain some pressure pads to prevent bed sores, I would be greatful for any advice.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Pressure Pads

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I would suggest a company called Gökçe, not far from Magic Touch / Bellapais junction Traffic Lights - although it might be more convenient to enquire at your local 'Eczane' for advice first.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I agree with KC, we have often gone down to one of the Gokce medical shops only to be told by our local Alsancak pharmacist opposite the central Starlings, that they can obtain virtually anything within 48 hours or less. Not beds and wheel chairs of course.

justsayin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by justsayin »

If it is for someone who will be in bed for long periods ask for an airflow mattress. I'm not 100% sure but I think you can also rent them. I again only think Girne rehabilitation centre (Cheshire home ) maybe able to point you in the right direction for where to rent if that's a faster option to tide you over if you have to order.

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

If you can’t get the special mattresses. The best way to prevent pressure sores is to turn the person every two hours at least. From laying on their back ,then to the left side,then to the right side then onto their back again. Put pillows behind them to keep the position. Keep sheets as crease free as possible. Keep checking ankles, heels, elbows, ears, back of the head as well as the back and hips. Keep the skin as dry as possible. If the person is incontinent it is very important to keep them clean and dry.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Oh kedikat, that takes me back to my training school. Sister Tutor was a total fanatic about bed sores. She believed in rubbing all the areas you mention with spirit and she had this mantra "bed sores are a sign of bad nursing" I can hear her voice even now. Used to frighten us to death!!

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Ha ha! Me too Sophie ! Spirit isn’t used now though. Research proved regular turning is the best way. No spirit,powder,creams etc needed

Olly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Olly »

In the Gokçe Medical shop they have the electric bubble air flow topper was 500 Lira.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”