General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Residency permit this morning.

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Went to immigration in Nicosia for the 16th year on the trot. All very usual except they were turning away anyone over 60 if they just turn up (not doing the usual blood tests and immigration forms ).
Went across the border . On return the border offices were telling everyone that we now have to register with the ministry in Nicosia.
What ministry is that then I asked. Was told again to go to the ministry to register.
What is this all about ? Anyone got any clue .

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residency permit this morning.

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

I suggest you read the many, many posts on the forum as to the new residency and visa rules that came into force on Wednesday.
also read https://cypriumnews.com/2019/10/24/trnc ... published/

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Done that. Nothing there to explain about having to go to the ministry . Got my 16th residency permit this morning. So whats the ministry office trip all about

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

susiesusie wrote:Done that. Nothing there to explain about having to go to the ministry . Got my 16th residency permit this morning. So whats the ministry office trip all about
If you went to the Immigration Department in Lefkoşa, that office is in the Interior Ministry.

Why they would tell you to go there again, I have no idea!

Possibly 'crossed wires'

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Keithcaley wrote:
susiesusie wrote:Done that. Nothing there to explain about having to go to the ministry . Got my 16th residency permit this morning. So whats the ministry office trip all about
If you went to the Immigration Department in Lefkoşa, that office is in the Interior Ministry.

Why they would tell you to go there again, I have no idea!

Possibly 'crossed wires'
Pure guesswork on my part and based on nothing more than that....If you were turned away from the immigration office because you were over 60 and went straight there; maybe it was because that in the last day or so following the representations made, they had been told from upon high not to process over 60s for the time being. Maybe they were waiting for clarification re medical, finances or whatever else? A complete guess from me but it would not be a surprise!

Coming back thro the border of course they would say you had to go to immigration to register initially or complete residency process, because they probably don’t know anymore than that.

It is just a tad chaotic at the moment methinks.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Just a guess - but then why would it be anything else here? The check points would probably tell you to go and "Register" not complete residency process yet but just "Register", which seems to be the very first step in the new system!

But I could be well wrong there - why not, everyone else seems to be - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

I am taking my next door neighbor to Larnaca tonight and picking another neighbor up in 3 weeks . If they give me a 30 day visa tonight will i be able to cross the border again if i have not completed the residency by then or should i tell my friends to book a taxi?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Play safe, everything changes and you would not want to be stuck!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”