General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Online Residency

•   Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

I have completed the online residency sign up to system page. Pressed submit and it seems to just refresh the page and I am still looking at my details and the submit button. I have checked every box is filled in correctly so it’s not showing any error messages.

It is supposed to submit and send me something to my phone but so far nothing.

Has anyone else had any progress.

Over 60 and told at border Wednesday you have 30 days to complete residency.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Online Residency

•   Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

maybe you have a year to complete residency but if you leave before then it crsyatallises the event and means you need to apply within the stamped visa time . Clearly this is just one interpretation of the rules and clarification will come by peoples experience.

The 1 year extension and the new limit on visas stamp days in a certain period contravene each other but which one overides the other ? Its anybodies guess?

In your case they are saying the visa stamp overides but have they made a mistake. What will somebody be told tommorrow by the same official or another officer?

Mr Mac
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Mr Mac »

Mint, I got a text message and went on to the completing of questions. These were all in Turkish, no English translation. I google translated them and they were fairly simple, are you over 18, was your mother or father born in the TRNC. (Which the werent). Then asked date dd/mm/yy of when you entered TRNC. I entered 2012. I then got an error message telling me “ Since your parents were not citizens, you had to come to K.K.T.C. before the age of 7. Your application was not valid because you did not comply” and chucked me out!! Soooo don’t know what to do next! Wait and see, I have a year!!

My husband never received a text at all either.

Mrs Mac

UPDATE: according to BRS it sounds like I applied for Citizenship??? Instead of residency. Advice is to wait til after the weekend as there are odd error message coming up.....
Last edited by Mr Mac on Fri 25 Oct 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

So many people saying online doesn’t work so I am collecting the bits needed today as always and will go the old route next week it’s not worth the hassle to be honest.

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

Is there a link to the online registration form please.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

elizabeth wrote:Is there a link to the online registration form please.
Yes, it was given on another thread - http://www.muhaceret.gov.ct.tr/ikamet/izinler
Last edited by Keithcaley on Fri 25 Oct 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

From what I have been reading this morning if you have not had residency before you need to go the old route as you will need to have the medical tests.

Edited to add the following from the BRS:

"Initial requirements WILL include a medical check (blood test) but they are reviewing the need to repeat this for persons over 60 in subsequent years"

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

I have tried to register online , we own our house here, but when I click on the section for immovable property it comes up with TRNC student registration, what am I doing wrong ?

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

'Shambles'!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Just another thought - would proof of earnings, a requirement for every type of residency here - be satisfied with a P60 or would it have to be a bank statement? After all the P60 shows the figures they are after or it should!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

But a P60 only shows what has been earnt in the previous tax year not your current financial situation.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Mine shows what my monthly payments will be for the coming tax year - my P60's are issued by the pensions people? Which is why I think they may be used instead of bank statements. Then again I did not know there was more than one version of P60 out there - live and learn.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

cambridge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Post by cambridge »

Perhaps those that have looked to benefit from the gentleman’s agreement should look at the money they have saved and just get on without whinging. They could be lucky that the regulations have not been backdated. Outside the EU you have to take on all sorts Visa and regulations so just get on with it. At the end of the day as I see it is no worse or probably better than before.

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

cambridge wrote:Perhaps those that have looked to benefit from the gentleman’s agreement should look at the money they have saved and just get on without whinging. They could be lucky that the regulations have not been backdated. Outside the EU you have to take on all sorts Visa and regulations so just get on with it. At the end of the day as I see it is no worse or probably better than before.
I think most people are happy to comply with the new requirements, but we do need to have these clarified first, why is everything so vague and chaotic.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I couldnt submit my info on line all fields were correct I think its because my address has Turkish letters and I dont have a Turkish keyboard. My address was underlined in red.

Bahceliboy5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Bahceliboy5 »

Can somebody please advise how and where to download the on-line residency form.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Bahceliboy5 wrote:Can somebody please advise how and where to download the on-line residency form.
See msg 6 of this thread

Panda2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Panda2 »

I have also tried to complete the online firm, on pressing the 'Submit' button after a few seconds a message flashed up saying. 'your country entrance details are not matching, please check your details.. If you are sure they are correct please go to immigration office to fix it.' ! ! Any body else had this. I am sure I have filled out correctly.
What do they mean by 'country entrance'?

I have had residency before, but have not done it for the last two years.

Last edited by Panda2 on Sat 26 Oct 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

The way the summary reads to me (page 6) is that if you have not had residency before you need to submit the application to the police area where you reside, for most on here GIRNE police station.

This is probably why online applications are not are not working.

Ayala66
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Ayala66 »

I too submitted an application online and received a message saying your country entrance details are not matching go to immigration office to fix it. Incidentally there was no question on the application form asking for country entrance date!

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Ayala,
If you have not had residency before read page 6 of the summary available on the website.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

waddo wrote:Just another thought - would proof of earnings, a requirement for every type of residency here - be satisfied with a P60 or would it have to be a bank statement? After all the P60 shows the figures they are after or it should!
This is what we gave them and it was highlighted by the young lady and residency issued.

Ayala66
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Ayala66 »

I have had residency before Mr Chinnery but in view of my age well over 70 I did not renew two years ago.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Ayala,
New regulations are now in place, so at this moment in time you don’t have residency. Therefore as I read it , is that you will be classed as a new applicant and therefore have to attend the Police station.
The only way to find out is visit the Police station or immigration.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”