General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Skype problem

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Since Microsoft has well and truly got their feet well and truly under the table with Skype now its nothing but problem after problem. However I do need it for business reasons. My latest problem is I need to contact a company in UK for the first time (i.e. not already on contacts list) and the method I used to use has completely vanished. Help needed please.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Skype problem

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Open Skype
Click on calls
Click on the keypad icon
Tap in the number that you want to call

blueparrot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by blueparrot »

If you want to add a contact but not talk to the person right then: You still have to make the call, then hang up as soon as it connects. The call (and number) will then appear at the top of your call list on the LH side. You can then right click on it and add the number as a new contact: View Profile then click on the pen icon on the upper RH corner and edit the contact. That is the only way I've found to add new contacts.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

blueparrot wrote:If you want to add a contact but not talk to the person right then: You still have to make the call, then hang up as soon as it connects. The call (and number) will then appear at the top of your call list on the LH side. You can then right click on it and add the number as a new contact: View Profile then click on the pen icon on the upper RH corner and edit the contact. That is the only way I've found to add new contacts.

You can add contacts by clicking contacts and then an add button is displayed (with a + in it) Click the add a phone number and fill in the details on the pop-up and save it.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Blue Parrot, that was exactly my problem.!! Come back my old Skype buddy, so simple and easy, Microsoft is a total pain in the rear end. They have mucked around so much with so many other apps. KC your suggestion hasn't been working, so now Ill have a go with Groucho suggestion. My other grouse, 75% of my business contacts are now number only in the contact list, whereas they used to be the name of the organisation/company concerned. Any way of converting them back?

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

sophie wrote:Blue Parrot, that was exactly my problem.!! Come back my old Skype buddy, so simple and easy, Microsoft is a total pain in the rear end. They have mucked around so much with so many other apps. KC your suggestion hasn't been working, so now Ill have a go with Groucho suggestion. My other grouse, 75% of my business contacts are now number only in the contact list, whereas they used to be the name of the organisation/company concerned. Any way of converting them back?

Did you read my post? You can add contacts ans call them whatever you like.....

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Yes I have Groucho and I'll give your recommendation a go, I promise. Its just that when you have tried time after time and got nowhere, you do have to be in the right frame of mind to have yet another go.!!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”