General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Misswolves
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Heating

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Misswolves »

Does anyone know if it’s cheaper to run LED heaters or halogen?
Secondly, does anyone know any prices or stockists, preferably in the North, but maybe the South as well.
Thank you.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Heating

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Led heaters, never heard of them, led,s are known for their low temperatures?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

All types of electric heaters with direct heating elements cost the same to run - ypou get 1KW of heat out for every KW of electricity that you use.

It is far cheaper to use an aircon in Heating mode, as they work by 'stealing heat' from outside, so you simply pay for the cost of 'running the compressor pump to shift the heat' from outside into your room.

With the newer Inverter types, you can get several KWs of heat for the cost of 1KW of electricity...

IPA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by IPA »

Agree with Keith on inverter ACs very efficient. For bathrooms etc I use Infrared heaters. Also effective for taking the chill away after a hot shower!

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

The ac units miss Wolves has for the lounge kitchen are fourteen or more years old and about 9000 btu and would not knock the skin off a rice pudding
let alone re heat one in a 28 ft lounge dinner
Draft excluders door curtains
We used electric oil radiator for the lounge and bed room and a fan heater to boost until we went for inverter ac units of a bigger capacity

Misswolves
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Misswolves »

wanderer wrote:The ac units miss Wolves has for the lounge kitchen are fourteen or more years old and about 9000 btu and would not knock the skin off a rice pudding
let alone re heat one in a 28 ft lounge dinner
Draft excluders door curtains
We used electric oil radiator for the lounge and bed room and a fan heater to boost until we went for inverter ac units of a bigger capacity
Thanks. I’m worried about being cold! I was hoping someone would know about stockists and prices. I will have to investigate when I am back!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”