General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Coconut flour

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by bluedream »

Anyone know where I can buy coconut flour and tapioca flour from on this side? Tried supreme and sah supermarket, but no luck

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Coconut flour

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Sometimes both Eleli and Atakara in Alsancak stock items that no-one else has, because of low take up.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

It's easy to make coconut flour with desiccated (shredded) coconut, just stick it in a blender or grinder and whizz away until you get a flour consistency. Just be aware that some of the shredded coconut here is sweetened.

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by bluedream »

Thank you, alsancak is too far for me, but and you for your reply.

Never thought of just blitzing shredded coconut, great idea. But do you know if you can buy the unsweetened shredded coconut here?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Yes you can get the unsweetened stuff here. Packet I have is called Dessicated Coconut with Hindistan Cevizi Rendesi below, mainly yellow coloured packet with coconut palm on the front. No idea where I bought it. Comes in 50g bags, but may well be available in larger size.

Have no idea about tapioca flour, but apparently if you google, you can blitz tapioca to make flour too. Apparently tapioca starch and flour are the same thing. https://www.wheat-free.org/are-tapioca- ... -same.html

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”